loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cradle to Grave

(10 Posts)
Fishboneschokus Fri 16-Oct-15 12:12:14

Anyone watching?

IfNotNowThenWhenever Sun 18-Oct-15 12:44:06

Meee! I love Peter kay in it, he's genius, and the script is quite intelligent and we'll observed. Danny annoys me quite a lot though.

Obs2015 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:18:46

Love it. Peter Kay in his undies made me laugh. He has been brilliant.

SunnySomer Mon 19-Oct-15 17:21:59

Oh, you again! Me, I loved it.
(Off to work on my limerick!)

Davros Mon 19-Oct-15 18:26:46

Loved it too. Especially the caravan scene. I expected not to like Peter Kaye in it due to accent but he's been really good

Fishboneschokus Mon 19-Oct-15 22:32:57

Sunny smile

EachandEveryone Tue 20-Oct-15 19:02:34

I think it's great. I prefer it to the comedy that's on after it in Newcastle.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Tue 20-Oct-15 19:26:19

I thought it was smashing

I hope they make another series

Peter Kay's accent really jarred the first episode or two but after that I was really convinced- the bit with him wiping his name off the board had me in tatters

(the books are brilliant too)

IfNotNowThenWhenever Tue 20-Oct-15 20:36:32

Ooh, I've never seen the books. Might have a look at them. I just love that there are so many funny one liners, but delivered quite understatedly, rather than ba-doom-tish.
" Danny said he's going to get an earring like David Essex"
"Did he? His Mother'll help him pack"
I also love how it portrays council estates as how they were intended to be, and how a lot of them really were in the 1970s; places where ordinary working families lived, some with a bit of dosh, enough for a holiday in Spain and a car, some with less, but just normal.
The same estate in Bermondsey now would, be such a weird combination of 400 k flats owned by "professionals" and people who had been housed in the few remaining council owned flats because of a set of desperate life circumstances. It wouldn't gel in the same way at all.

stareatthetvscreen Tue 20-Oct-15 20:39:55

i bloody loved it - especially the last episode

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now