Talk

Advanced search

Cradle to Grave

(10 Posts)
Fishboneschokus Fri 16-Oct-15 12:12:14

Anyone watching?

IfNotNowThenWhenever Sun 18-Oct-15 12:44:06

Meee! I love Peter kay in it, he's genius, and the script is quite intelligent and we'll observed. Danny annoys me quite a lot though.

Obs2015 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:18:46

Love it. Peter Kay in his undies made me laugh. He has been brilliant.

SunnySomer Mon 19-Oct-15 17:21:59

Oh, you again! Me, I loved it.
(Off to work on my limerick!)

Davros Mon 19-Oct-15 18:26:46

Loved it too. Especially the caravan scene. I expected not to like Peter Kaye in it due to accent but he's been really good

Fishboneschokus Mon 19-Oct-15 22:32:57

Sunny smile

EachandEveryone Tue 20-Oct-15 19:02:34

I think it's great. I prefer it to the comedy that's on after it in Newcastle.

MuddhaOfSuburbia Tue 20-Oct-15 19:26:19

I thought it was smashing

I hope they make another series

Peter Kay's accent really jarred the first episode or two but after that I was really convinced- the bit with him wiping his name off the board had me in tatters

(the books are brilliant too)

IfNotNowThenWhenever Tue 20-Oct-15 20:36:32

Ooh, I've never seen the books. Might have a look at them. I just love that there are so many funny one liners, but delivered quite understatedly, rather than ba-doom-tish.
" Danny said he's going to get an earring like David Essex"
"Did he? His Mother'll help him pack"
I also love how it portrays council estates as how they were intended to be, and how a lot of them really were in the 1970s; places where ordinary working families lived, some with a bit of dosh, enough for a holiday in Spain and a car, some with less, but just normal.
The same estate in Bermondsey now would, be such a weird combination of 400 k flats owned by "professionals" and people who had been housed in the few remaining council owned flats because of a set of desperate life circumstances. It wouldn't gel in the same way at all.

stareatthetvscreen Tue 20-Oct-15 20:39:55

i bloody loved it - especially the last episode

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: