Help me pick a new boxset!

(17 Posts)
jollyjester Thu 15-Oct-15 15:06:32

Hello oh wise mums netters.

As the winter slowly creeps in DH and I normally use this time of year to start a new boxset. We are the type of people who wait until they cancel a show after 10 series and then decide to watch it all in one go!!

In the past we have watched
- Prison break
- House MD
- Spooks
- CSI
- Greys Anatomy

We have started a few things recently but not got past the first few episodes, these were Game of Thrones (after a few episodes just thought WTF?!), Grimm (I liked it, DH not so keen), Outlander (I love it!), American Horror Story (again this is me dh would hate it)

We have Amazon Instant Video but not Netflix and only have freeview not sky.

Can anyone suggest something that we might enjoy?

sadwidow28 Thu 15-Oct-15 17:03:34

If you enjoyed CSI then have you looked at NCIS?

There are 2 versions of that:
- NCIS (where Jethro is the main protagonist)
- NCIS Los Angeles (which I thought I wouldn't like - younger team - but is fab)
- Criminal Minds is excellent (about profiling the unsub to home in on murderers)

TrionicLettuce Thu 15-Oct-15 17:15:29

Carnivàle. It's absolutely brilliant, only two seasons (and each season is only 12 episodes) so it's not a massive undertaking and I'm pretty sure it's available on Amazon Video.

cmt1375 Thu 15-Oct-15 17:17:45

Bones, covert afairs

jollyjester Thu 15-Oct-15 20:10:02

Yay a few to pick from there.

Friends of ours love NCIS so that looks like a goer and I love the look of Carnivale.

I'm one of these people who sits up until the middle of the night watching 'just one more episode!' And then I wonder why I'm so tired all the time!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 15-Oct-15 20:11:40

Vikings.

ihatethecold Thu 15-Oct-15 20:12:59

homeland
breaking bad

Flutterworc Thu 15-Oct-15 20:14:31

Sons of Anarchy is on Amazon and is immense - gritty and violent, but very compulsive.

Castle is a fun crime series - very much 'plot of the week' with a slight romantic thread running through.

Donge13 Thu 15-Oct-15 20:15:40

Narco..10 episodes and it is fantastic

ShamefulUsername Thu 15-Oct-15 20:16:18

Breaking bad
Dexter
Narcos

MumOfOne14 Thu 15-Oct-15 20:17:06

I second breaking bad. And, a bit girly maybe but, Once upon a time is great!

overthemill Thu 15-Oct-15 20:17:23

We like similar stuff to you. Currently watching Castle free on Amazon which is light but fun. I loved the Mentalist too. Obviously West Wing, ER and The Good Wife too

Alfabetibisgetti Thu 15-Oct-15 20:17:41

Deadwood was excellent.
I really enjoyed Nashville, DH not so much.
Oldies like the sopranos and the wire (which we've just finished season one of for the 4th? time) should be on everyone's list (imho grin)

calzone Thu 15-Oct-15 20:19:20

Homeland is blooming awesome!!!!

QforCucumber Thu 15-Oct-15 20:24:40

Criminal minds, dexter, sons of anarchy, walking dead

nmg85 Thu 15-Oct-15 20:25:49

Criminal Minds
Strike Back

madmother1 Thu 15-Oct-15 20:49:43

You MUST watch Breaking Bad. I watched it with my son. Each series got better and right up to the last one, it was so addictive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now