Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what the point of 'The One Show' is?

(16 Posts)
InTheBox Mon 12-Oct-15 19:26:38

Every single day it's on. Every single day it's awkward.

What's it meant to be about? Something about 'family' watching? In anycase we all think it's odd and awkward, especially at such a prime time slot. Am I alone in thinking this?

LittleRedSparke Mon 12-Oct-15 19:28:26

its a filler - i cant stand it - its soooooo boring and forced and fucking happy

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Mon 12-Oct-15 19:28:57

It's so I can sing the theme tune at top volume then switch onto something good.

I'd do really dirty things to Matt Baker

Fluffy24 Mon 12-Oct-15 19:30:54

Tonight I realised it's a public service thing, I.e. you switch it off and have a conversation with your family.

Surely that's it?!

Nonnainglese Mon 12-Oct-15 19:32:58

Happy clappy claptrap and as boring as hell.all it does is remind me to go and cook supper.

NecklessMumster Mon 12-Oct-15 19:34:31

My nephew was just on it! But normally I agree

SurferJet Mon 12-Oct-15 19:35:35

I switch it off - worst programme ever ( & I have watched it a few times )

DownstairsMixUp Mon 12-Oct-15 19:35:58

What's it even about

SwedishEdith Mon 12-Oct-15 19:36:12

It's to fill that dead slot between having your dinner and settling down to watch soaps (which always start at 7:30) ie put the kids to bed/put the washing on etc time.

BrianCoxReborn Mon 12-Oct-15 19:36:20

Oh jeez. Without a doubt it is the most boring show on tv. That pretty, Welsh woman is so awkward and her interviews and pieces to camera are like pulling teeth. Matt Barker is the human equivalent of an avocado bathroom suite.

InTheBox Mon 12-Oct-15 19:56:58

It's fucking awful! I can't understand why they can't put something else on... What's there to lose!

Castrovalva Mon 12-Oct-15 19:59:25

The one show theme is the modern equivalent of sun getting over the yard-arm

Means it is socially acceptable to hit the G&T

BrianButterfield Mon 12-Oct-15 19:59:59

The only purpose as far as I can see is to provide small talk fodder when in a mixed group (e.g. Inlaws) of people with whom you have already spent a full day with and have exhausted all previous topics of conversation. Gives you a good hour of taking about who you do and don't like and so on.

gingerboy1912 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:08:51

I fucking hate it. The theme tune is shit and the content is drivel. Always turn it over and watch something else

heavens2betsy Fri 23-Oct-15 21:15:57

It's crap.
Tonight was even crapper than usual - Geri Halliwell can't present for toffee!
Alex Is an irritating dimwit.
It's usually make a cup of tea and get ready for Coronation Street time in our house!!!

JimmyCorkhill Fri 23-Oct-15 21:17:48

The One Show theme tune is music to my ears. It means my kids are in bed so to me, it's the sound of freeeeeedom!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: