Talk

Advanced search

Downton Abbey Series 6

(818 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I am so excited! I am also hoping that Mrs Hughes and Mr Carson get married, and that Thomas falls in love.. But I can't and won't believe that Mr Bates is the murderer, Anna deserves to be happy sad

JeffsanArsehole Sun 06-Sep-15 15:13:30

Thomas kills himself

Bates didn't kill rapist scumbag

Lass goes off to the farm with her ex husbands dad

Granny dies !!!!

Mary marries an American

Anna gets upduffed, they ride off into sunset or a wee cottage beside sea

Edith's boyfriends not dead or she meets someone wet enough to take on Marigold gloves

ellenanora5 Sun 06-Sep-15 18:09:03

I'm really looking forward to it, sad it will be ending and hoping it will be a happy ending all round, I wonder will Isobel marry whatshisname or will his sons scupper the whole thing, I would like her to be happy grin

It would be lovely to see Carson and Mrs Hughes married.

I hope Edith finds someone, she is so lonely sad

I have my suspicions about Bates, I'm still convinced he killed the first Mrs Bates

Love Granny grin best character in the whole show

Davros Tue 08-Sep-15 17:19:19

Obviously Mrs Hughes dies! Did you see Carson smoothing that bed that looked like it was a servant's???

JeffsanArsehole Tue 08-Sep-15 17:44:55

I thought that was him smoothing his own bed to say goodbye as he was getting a marital bed for two

I really hope Mrs Hughes doesn't die, she's my favourite sad

PermetsTu Tue 08-Sep-15 18:28:31

I still haven't seen the last Christmas special.

Can somebody tell me what happened in it?

PermetsTu Tue 08-Sep-15 19:14:06

Thanks OP. That all sounds... well, dull (I can't see you link, my computer has blocked it as illegal. It's like a maiden aunt though so I doubt there's anything actually wrong with the link).

Did nobody die whilst copulating with Mary? Nobody have a sudden tingle in a previously useless limb? No childbirth followed by hideous death?

I hate to say it, but I think I'm losing interest in Downton suddenly. What year are they up to?

curriegirl Tue 08-Sep-15 19:30:59

Oh I cannot wait!

Mary and Edith will be married off. I don't think anyone will die. Too much death in it already. Carson and Mrs Hughes will be married.

I hope daisy has a lovely ending and a tall dark handsome stranger sweeps Mrs patmore off her feet.

squoosh Wed 09-Sep-15 11:45:27

Daisy is still 16 and still working in the kitchen as a skivvy.

Baconyum Thu 10-Sep-15 00:48:37

Oh come on the clues are in the trailer including the song.

Robert will die, inheritance tax and the poor management of the estate will mean Downtown will have to be sold and they'll all scatter to the winds.

I suspect:
Daisy to the farm
Carson and Mrs Hughes to their b n b
Tom and Mary to America
Bates and Anna to Ireland with Anna pregnant
Edith to London either with Marigold's dad or someone new

JeffsanArsehole Thu 10-Sep-15 07:23:22

Yep, you're right. It will all be about the break up of the country estate and it not being passed on. Fellowes is obsessed with it in his books.

SheHasAWildHeart Thu 10-Sep-15 11:19:22

Is Matthew Goode back in it??

Diamondsmiles Thu 10-Sep-15 23:24:11

Whatever happens I just hope it ends on a happy note.

Taytocrisps Sat 19-Sep-15 20:04:21

I hope it moves along at a quicker pace. The last series really dragged.

millimat Sun 20-Sep-15 08:38:42

I can't wait. 12 hours to go...
I want all happy endings. Think Edith will get the main storylines this time and so find happiness. Really want a lovely wedding between Carson and Mrs Hughes and in the interests of happy endings I think Anna will be pregnant at last.

Alterego1965 Sun 20-Sep-15 08:45:58

How did I not know this is back on tonight??

ThoseAwfulCurtains Sun 20-Sep-15 09:23:13

I'd have missed it if this hadn't appeared in Active.
Thanksgrin

Cerseirys Sun 20-Sep-15 11:01:06

My predictions for series 6:

- Edith will find happiness with the land agent she met in the Christmas special only for Michael Gregson to do a Lazarus!
- Thomas finally gets laid, poor guy doesn't seem to have had any since the Duke in the summer preceding the first episode
- Anna and Bates finally get pregnant
- Daisy's father-in-law dies, leaving the farm to her and she becomes a successful farmer (
- Mary either ends up with Matthew Goode's character OR Tom but if it's the latter it's left ambiguous, like her boarding a ship to Boston but it ending there.
- Isabel marries Lord Merton and foils his sons' dastardly plots, Carson and Mrs Hughes have a HEA.
- Violet dies
- a postscript to the last episode informs us that Lord G outlived young George, who was killed in WWII, but there was no other heir so now Downton is owned by the National Trust.

millimat Sun 20-Sep-15 12:01:22

Apparently it's been left open ended so there's a possibility of another series in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now