House of Cards - No Spoilers Please!

(10 Posts)
KittyMcAllister Sun 06-Sep-15 08:10:20

So DH and I have just started watching House of Cards, on S1 E5 so far, and we are finding it soooo dull. I just cannot bring myself to care about any of the characters or storylines. Is it worth persevering with? Does it get more compelling? Does Kevin Spacey's accent get less annoying???!

Hero1callylost Sun 06-Sep-15 08:14:12

No, there's no hope for you if you don't love it by now! Maybe you'd like the original better.

hattyhatter Sun 06-Sep-15 08:17:38

The original is so much better. I can't even find the words to express how very much better this early in the day. Fabulous series (trilogy of series).

The remake, OTOH; I fell asleep. Repeatedly grin

blibblibs Sun 06-Sep-15 08:22:54

We watched the whole thing on Netflix a wee whle ago and thought it was great. It does take a little while to get into it though.
We then watched OITNB and loved that and are currently on The Good Wife.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Sep-15 14:44:02

Ooh this has inspired me to watch the original again grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 06-Sep-15 18:18:44

Ah well that was three and a bit hours of my life I won't get back hmm

The USA remake though, haven't seen it (and won't watch it) but Cashew the Guinea Pig is one of the highlights I reckon.

mrsleomcgary Mon 07-Sep-15 20:53:05

I really liked it but it wasnt a 'binge watch' for me,would watch one episode then turn it off. I did find the second series better than the first if you do stick with it though.

Gimmetaytos Mon 07-Sep-15 23:14:51

We loved the first couple of series but simply couldn't get into the latest one...it bored us silly hmm

MiaowTheCat Tue 08-Sep-15 08:31:45

I loved the original series (and the books - the ending of series 1 completely changed from the book)... haven't managed to get into the US one - watched the first few and was impressed with how they'd translated it into the US political system but have never revisited it since then really.

My mum was working as a journalist when the UK series first aired and we were running bets on when the first "you might very well think that but I couldn't possibly comment" would be delivered in response to one of her questions.

Moanranger Mon 21-Sep-15 01:41:38

Just started watching & now on episode 7 & I must say I love it! K Spacey is superb (Anyone see Kelsey Grammar in Boss? V similar).
I am from US which probably helps me relate. The accent is Georgia ( the southern state) BTW & is pretty accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now