Talk

Advanced search

Nearly time for new Gogglebox!

(208 Posts)
Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 11:40:24

A week Friday.

I am ridiculously excited. grin

I've been watching the repeats on E4 for weeks and actually squeeed when I saw the ad for the new season.

How sad am I?

TeamBacon Tue 01-Sep-15 11:46:59

Woohooo!!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 01-Sep-15 11:59:37

I'm excited about this, and X factor has just started and therss fab new series called Hunted starting which looks good. Love autumn tv.

LongDistanceLove Tue 01-Sep-15 12:04:24

And they're bringing back the ukip family, I can't remember their names.

So excited grin

olbas Tue 01-Sep-15 13:22:09

I love GoggleBox and can't wait either! I don't like the Ukip family because of the swearing, screaching and in particular Mrs. Ukip. I love Steven and Chris, the Malones, Dom and Steph, Lee and Jenny and Mary and Giles best of all. I would like George, Pete and Linda to return and I think ""Silent Jay" should have his own sofa and return.

AsTimeGoesBy Tue 01-Sep-15 13:25:01

They're doing a children's version at Christmas, I was given a flyer recently with contact details for the DCs to audition, we decided to give it a miss but will be looking out for it.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 15:16:15

Scarlett Moffatt always crack me up. I think they have a really good mix (apart from the UKIP family).
Whatever happened to the Da Silvas that were on for a few episodes and then vanished?

It's sad that now when I watch TV I wonder what my 'friends' at Gogglebox would make of whatever I am watching...grin

BrandNewAndImproved Tue 01-Sep-15 15:23:23

Yey you've made me so happy op!

I don't like scarlet though, think it's all put on.

I love the posh couple and I want to call him Jim but that may be wrong. Also weirdly like the weirdos from Gloucester/Wiltshire wherever.

NKFell Tue 01-Sep-15 16:22:25

Love Gogglebox! I miss 'Silent Jay' too... I loved that awkward moment when he was on his own and kept looking at the camera then left the room haha.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 16:44:23

And the time he laughed. I nearly fell off my sofa in shock.

Annarose2014 Tue 01-Sep-15 16:54:10

I started to love Giles last time. "Crevice nozzle" grin

One thing I always wonder - is there a film crew in the house? I figured it was just a camera affixed to the wall or something and they did the close ups in post-production.

I don't mind if there's someone in the kitchen watching on a monitor whilst drinking tea, as I imagine C4 can't go completely hands off, but I don't like the thought of an entire crew squeezed in behind the telly.

DriverSurpriseMe Tue 01-Sep-15 16:56:37

Yay!

I love the Siddiquis.

hesterton Tue 01-Sep-15 16:57:39

We were staying at Dom and Steph's b&b when there was filming and the camera crew set it up and then leave them alone.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 17:27:08

You were staying at their B & B? I am quite jealous now. I want gossip.

olbas Tue 01-Sep-15 19:21:36

How could I forget the Siddiquis. I love that family! Have you all seen the you tube video with Chris at work? There's also one of the annoying vicar (sorry if you are a MN blush) doing a dance routine at a wedding she is conducting grin

WhataRacquet Tue 01-Sep-15 23:45:50

Oh I wish they would bring George and his Mum and Dad back. The Mum was so funny.

hesterton Wed 02-Sep-15 00:48:12

They were very generous hosts and the house is truly lovely. I didn't know who they were when we stayed but am an avid viewer of Gogglebox now, having watched it initially out of curiosity after our stay.

It was a bit like a two way human zoo, drinks time in their elegant drawingroom to which all the guests were invited before we went off on our separate ways to eat dinner. Dom seemed totally bemused by the visiting general public, although very well mannered, and we were equally unseated by the ever fantastical stories of lengthy drinking sessions with disastrous but hilarious endings. He made the sort of provokative remarks much loved by a certain type of chap aimed at annoying left wingers and pesky feminists. It was a bit like he was playing a part but not maliciously - a bit tongue in cheek; difficult to take him seriously, which I can't imagine would bother him too much.

Steph was delightful, coming across as a funny, strong woman. They genuinely seemed a very close couple - much as they do on the telly. They have worked incredibly hard to make a spectacular garden. I don't think they live in the house any more though but nearby.

Yamayo Wed 02-Sep-15 14:21:48

Yay!

Pandora97 Sun 06-Sep-15 14:16:12

I'm ridiculously excited as well. Can't wait! I love the Siddiquis, Giles and Mary, the Moffatts, the Malones and Dave the dog, I love them all!

WestleyAndButtockUp Sun 06-Sep-15 14:23:11

My impression has been that most of MN hated Giles and Mary.

Glad that's not the case - I think he's hilarious.

ClarissaAllbright Sun 06-Sep-15 14:33:56

I think it's had its day now. It's still watchable but far too much playing up to the camera now that they think they're all 'stars' .. I also detest Leon because he's a rude sexist pig and people seem to excuse his begphaviour because he's old

Seriouslyffs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:40:43

Fab! I love it.

Pandora97 Fri 11-Sep-15 18:07:07

It starts tonight, YAAAAAAAY! Only 3 hours to go. (Clearly has no life). grin

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 11-Sep-15 21:08:52

Where are you all?

Scarletforya Fri 11-Sep-15 21:10:23

Here! Watching!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now