Talk

Advanced search

Nearly time for new Gogglebox!

(208 Posts)
Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 11:40:24

A week Friday.

I am ridiculously excited. grin

I've been watching the repeats on E4 for weeks and actually squeeed when I saw the ad for the new season.

How sad am I?

TeamBacon Tue 01-Sep-15 11:46:59

Woohooo!!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 01-Sep-15 11:59:37

I'm excited about this, and X factor has just started and therss fab new series called Hunted starting which looks good. Love autumn tv.

LongDistanceLove Tue 01-Sep-15 12:04:24

And they're bringing back the ukip family, I can't remember their names.

So excited grin

olbas Tue 01-Sep-15 13:22:09

I love GoggleBox and can't wait either! I don't like the Ukip family because of the swearing, screaching and in particular Mrs. Ukip. I love Steven and Chris, the Malones, Dom and Steph, Lee and Jenny and Mary and Giles best of all. I would like George, Pete and Linda to return and I think ""Silent Jay" should have his own sofa and return.

AsTimeGoesBy Tue 01-Sep-15 13:25:01

They're doing a children's version at Christmas, I was given a flyer recently with contact details for the DCs to audition, we decided to give it a miss but will be looking out for it.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 15:16:15

Scarlett Moffatt always crack me up. I think they have a really good mix (apart from the UKIP family).
Whatever happened to the Da Silvas that were on for a few episodes and then vanished?

It's sad that now when I watch TV I wonder what my 'friends' at Gogglebox would make of whatever I am watching...grin

BrandNewAndImproved Tue 01-Sep-15 15:23:23

Yey you've made me so happy op!

I don't like scarlet though, think it's all put on.

I love the posh couple and I want to call him Jim but that may be wrong. Also weirdly like the weirdos from Gloucester/Wiltshire wherever.

NKFell Tue 01-Sep-15 16:22:25

Love Gogglebox! I miss 'Silent Jay' too... I loved that awkward moment when he was on his own and kept looking at the camera then left the room haha.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 16:44:23

And the time he laughed. I nearly fell off my sofa in shock.

Annarose2014 Tue 01-Sep-15 16:54:10

I started to love Giles last time. "Crevice nozzle" grin

One thing I always wonder - is there a film crew in the house? I figured it was just a camera affixed to the wall or something and they did the close ups in post-production.

I don't mind if there's someone in the kitchen watching on a monitor whilst drinking tea, as I imagine C4 can't go completely hands off, but I don't like the thought of an entire crew squeezed in behind the telly.

DriverSurpriseMe Tue 01-Sep-15 16:56:37

Yay!

I love the Siddiquis.

hesterton Tue 01-Sep-15 16:57:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yamayo Tue 01-Sep-15 17:27:08

You were staying at their B & B? I am quite jealous now. I want gossip.

olbas Tue 01-Sep-15 19:21:36

How could I forget the Siddiquis. I love that family! Have you all seen the you tube video with Chris at work? There's also one of the annoying vicar (sorry if you are a MN blush) doing a dance routine at a wedding she is conducting grin

WhataRacquet Tue 01-Sep-15 23:45:50

Oh I wish they would bring George and his Mum and Dad back. The Mum was so funny.

hesterton Wed 02-Sep-15 00:48:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yamayo Wed 02-Sep-15 14:21:48

Yay!

Pandora97 Sun 06-Sep-15 14:16:12

I'm ridiculously excited as well. Can't wait! I love the Siddiquis, Giles and Mary, the Moffatts, the Malones and Dave the dog, I love them all!

WestleyAndButtockUp Sun 06-Sep-15 14:23:11

My impression has been that most of MN hated Giles and Mary.

Glad that's not the case - I think he's hilarious.

ClarissaAllbright Sun 06-Sep-15 14:33:56

I think it's had its day now. It's still watchable but far too much playing up to the camera now that they think they're all 'stars' .. I also detest Leon because he's a rude sexist pig and people seem to excuse his begphaviour because he's old

Seriouslyffs Sun 06-Sep-15 14:40:43

Fab! I love it.

Pandora97 Fri 11-Sep-15 18:07:07

It starts tonight, YAAAAAAAY! Only 3 hours to go. (Clearly has no life). grin

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 11-Sep-15 21:08:52

Where are you all?

Scarletforya Fri 11-Sep-15 21:10:23

Here! Watching!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: