X FACTOR 2015! New Series starts this weekend -SAT 29th/SUN 30th 8.00pm

(620 Posts)
Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 18:50:37

...prompted by Hearts- here is the first thread of the year. It's traditional, innit. Even if this year, I am finding it very hard to get enthused. grin

So- what do we think of the new judges?
Are we happy they have got rid of the room auditions? -no--
What ubiquitous song will the acts sing in the auditions?
Will we miss Dermot dancing? Or will Strictly winner Caroline do the honours probably

It's all in the ARENA this year- apparently with props, and whatever else the acts want to bring along. Maybe even a tune, if we are lucky. It is going more and more BGT.

So, Autumn is now officially on it's way, it's nearly time for the Christmas John Lewis ad...

are we ready to face the music? grin

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 26-Aug-15 20:10:43

OMG a namecheck in the ver first post!!!! grin <fans self>

This year there are just TOO MANY CHANGES. I am not all that familiar with Nick Grimhaw (?) and the jury is most definitely still out on Rita but I have in the past liked Cheryl. I am going to miss the room auditions, definitely. I also didn't like the way they did bootcamp last year. But the biggest disappointment for me is being Dermottless. I luffs him.

For family reasons I won't go into here I am likely to be in Canada for some or all of the next few weeks - I hope ITV Player works for me over there or it will be a dismal time indeed.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 26-Aug-15 20:12:17

Thanks Raahh by the way wink flowers

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 26-Aug-15 20:20:02

I liked rita ora on the voice, didn't expect to at all but I thought she seemed nice. Nick grimshaw annoys me. I liked Mel b. Huff.

I liked the room auditions, feels like they were only just back! Is it the X factor that does the 6 chairs thing? Not sure if I'm getting my shows mixed up.

Dermot was just part of the furniture really. It'll be weird without him. And Louis actually. Didn't particularly like him but I also don't like change.

Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 20:21:44

grin

Enjoy Canada!

Grimmy will be a bit marmite, I think. I sometimes listen to his radio show on the way to school- he can be annoying. And his accent annoys me- and I'm from Manchester! I like his dog. grin

Ditching the room auditions is daft- all we will get in the ARENA will be backing tracks that might make some sound better than they are.

I'm glad Mel has gone- but I think Chezza Fezza Vezza will be insufferable as the 'veteran' on the panel, and Simon's bessie mate. Will be interesting to see her competing with Rita in the style stakes in the live shows- they are very different.

I'm starting to make myself believe I will be excited by Saturday!

Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 20:26:11

I'm also reeling from the fact Fakey Chloe from last year, and Melty faced Steve are allegedly getting married!grin

Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 20:27:09

Oi- I liked Rita on the Voice too- I'm disappointed she has jumped ship- but can see why!grin

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 26-Aug-15 20:43:10

I saw fakey on the daily mail website yesterday doing a fake workout in the park. She's obviously decided she's going to be one of those type of celebrities.

Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 20:47:33

Sometimes I wonder if, in the throes of passion, Fakey drops the fakey accent?

Then I decide I don't want to dwell on Fakey/Melty shagging. Ever.

grin

Davros Wed 26-Aug-15 21:11:42

Fakey and Melty? Never!! Or Su and Sweep.
I like Rita but I've seen her as a judge and would like someone else, boring!

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 26-Aug-15 21:23:50

Do you think they actually have sex though? I just assumed it was a pr relationship. Although what kind if pr I have no idea.

Raahh Wed 26-Aug-15 21:25:26

Oi- I'm hoping PR too.

Or they might reaaaaallllllyyy like each other grin

theredlion Wed 26-Aug-15 23:04:15

Yuck at Fakey and Melty.

blatant place mark

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 26-Aug-15 23:08:27

Imagine the little Fakemeltlets they are going to have in the future grin

When is the wedding? We should all get honorary invites for sure.

MaHeidMaHeid Wed 26-Aug-15 23:41:19

Marking my place.

I'm still in the huff at Louis being sacked but I'll watch it anyway grin

I can't take to nick grimshaw or rita ora but they might surprise me. I didn't like rita on the voice, I just don't think she's anything special confused

I will also miss dermot and the voice man

nancy75 Wed 26-Aug-15 23:45:23

I can't believe it's that time of year already! Must remember to stock up n food and booze to get me through itgrin
I didn't like Rita much on the voice and what will we do without Louis and his set phrases?

TheFairyCaravan Wed 26-Aug-15 23:46:56

I've been looking forward to this thread! blush

I'm not sure what I make of the new judges, tbh. I don't know what Rita was like on the Voice because I can't watch that. I tried, but it wasn't for me. I don't mind Nick Grimshaw's Radio 1 show, but I think I'd prefer Louis on the X Factor, tbh. We're not going to get any mad, quirky little phrases this year, are we? sad

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 27-Aug-15 21:07:59

Im glad Louis is gone - he always gets the duffers and even if he gets the good ones he always mixes them with a stool and a stand on the beat change and fucks them over.

CFV I do quite like, so Im looking forward to seeing her again.

Dermot will be the biggest miss though sad

nancy75 Thu 27-Aug-15 22:03:08

Urgh melty face & fakey on celeb Bb urgh yuk yuk yuk

RebootYourEngine Fri 28-Aug-15 23:03:43

Have just been reminded that Voice man wont be doing it this year. Who are they going to get to replace him. sad

I will be watching but it will be out of curiosity not excitement.

WhataRacquet Fri 28-Aug-15 23:23:24

It won't be the same without Louis but look at this youtu.be/OHhunPO3FQw. What does it mean??

Raahh Sat 29-Aug-15 10:45:46

That advert is strangehmm Louis looks pretty awkward. Puts me off the chocolate a bit.

Fakey and Melty mustn't be too serious about being married if they have gone on CBB. Kiss of death to their relationship. I haven't watched it for years, but I suppose it is one of the few reality shows Fakey hasn't been on. grin

I am sort of looking forward to tonight. In the same way you might look forward to going to the dentist to have a tooth out, because at least then you wouldn't be in pain anymore.grin

cakewine

Squooshed Sat 29-Aug-15 14:35:11

Can't believe they've gone back to the arena auditions. I hate them!

I also hate Rita Ora, Cheryl Latest Married Name and all the rest of the them!

(my dislike won't stop me watching 99% of the series though)

Raahh Sat 29-Aug-15 15:09:21

Squooshed grin

nancy75 Sat 29-Aug-15 16:45:13

I have donuts, I am ready for anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now