Talk

Advanced search

Our Girl and Captain James Addicts - This way!!

(18 Posts)
Rhubarb01 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:06:37

A temporary thread as thread 22 seems to have closed prematurely!

orphan Wed 12-Aug-15 22:09:02

Well done rhubarb! Couldn't work out what was happening! Thought my vin rouge was having an effect.

Rhubarb01 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:09:26

I don't know what happened to the last thread as it suddenly closed and says 1007 posts? There must be a bit of a glitch with MN today. So if anyone is out there and wants to carry on chatting here we are at the moment until Ice does her usual.

Nickel45 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:10:56

Nice one rhu, I think MN is all over the place! Mine now says there are 1007 messages, where there were just over 900 before! Mental ... if the MNHQ lot are reading this (and I know you do!!!!!), you're doing a fab job, we'll still be here!!! smile

Rhubarb01 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:18:17

OK I'm well and truly confused. Pixie is still posting on the old thread but I can't post anything as it says close at 1008 posts! Help MNHQ!!

Nickel45 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:19:00

pixie just posted on the other thread ... bet they think we are ignoring them! I can't post anything on there??
Hey ho, just watching Ben Fogle on the TV ... not sure why! Need to go and watch the bake off ...

Rhubarb01 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:31:28

We're watching bake off on iplayer at the moment as well Nickel. All feeling very hungry - wouldn't CJ make a lovely judge. Just imagine him giving his verdict on those baked goodies and encouraging everyone to be brilliant!

Nickel45 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:39:57

I reckon we could give Mary and Paul a run for their money on euphemisms!!

pixieg1rl Wed 12-Aug-15 22:54:16

CJ could nibble my gingerbread box whenever he liked!

Rhubarb01 Wed 12-Aug-15 23:02:56

Just wondering if Ciaran Hinds has a job at MNHQ monitoring TV threads and decided to apply some censorship to the previous thread thanks to our unflattering comments.

I've certainly never heard quite so many box comments on a pre-watershed programme as I did tonight. And they all think Mary Berry is such a lovely lady!

cjwoofwoof Wed 12-Aug-15 23:04:03

Ayup what's going on? Lucky I found Rhus temporary thread here. The ol' MN site has been all over the shop over the last couple of days, hope it's sorted soon coz I can't cope with anything unusual when it comes to IT confused

cjwoofwoof Wed 12-Aug-15 23:07:30

Ditto to Ciaran - nowhere near the quality required to don low slung combats IMO I'm afraid

orphan Wed 12-Aug-15 23:49:04

No to Ciaran from me. Jaw line just doesn't cut the mustard.

How did you get on with North and South pixie? RA does repressed erotic longing very well.

cjwoofwoof Thu 13-Aug-15 00:04:49

Now here's a jawline worthy of very low combats if not a brief loincloth. Pleasant bedtime dreams for me tonight methinks

orphan Thu 13-Aug-15 00:22:16

Oh woof therapy still hasn't cured you of your penchant for blockheads has it? Poor Arnie Schwarzenegger had to get a restraining order and I'll never forget your bloodcurdling cries of "I'll be back" as you were hauled out of the courtroom. (You did a great Austrian accent though)

orphan Thu 13-Aug-15 00:23:53

Is this one the loincloth man?

pixieg1rl Thu 13-Aug-15 07:21:32

It's such a fine line between repressed longing and 'my piles are giving me gyp' orph and I fear RA wavered in some scenes.

I may not have taken it as seriously as it was intended to be. MrP and I had a lot of fun finishing the characters sentences with "I must masturbate furiously" every other scene.

icemistOBE Thu 13-Aug-15 09:07:35

Not sure what went on with other thread, one moment it said there was 940 posts now its 1008!

Just spotted this thread after I started new one... www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/2447741-Our-Girl-and-Captain-James-Addicts-Part-XXIII

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now