Talk

Advanced search

CILLA play. Watched it for the first time last night (ITV)

(15 Posts)
Luvverly Wed 05-Aug-15 11:48:43

Very impressive. I can see why the critics liked it. Did it get awards?

rattymare2335 Wed 05-Aug-15 13:49:33

Sheridan Smith is actually singing in it too. She plays Cilla so well. Brilliant drama.

NoMoreMissusNiceGuy Wed 05-Aug-15 19:27:04

Sheridan got a National Television Award in January for her portrayal of Cilla. I remember watching - she was stuck in a taxi on her way to the Award Ceremony when her category was awarded. They let her come on stage and do her speech when she got there later grin

DowntownFunk Wed 05-Aug-15 20:12:08

I enjoyed it when it was on first time round. Sheridan Smith is a much better singer than poor old Cilla

Luvverly Thu 06-Aug-15 11:01:10

Yes it is a very moving drama in the circumstances. Last episode tonight (thurs)

Dickorydockwhatthe Thu 06-Aug-15 23:44:16

I was gutted to miss this series last time around. I really enjoyed it and I love the whole 60's era. Sheridan smith was brilliant and what an amazing singing voice I think she nailed Anyone who has a Heart so much emotion. I really felt for Brian Epstein sad

chaiselounger Fri 07-Aug-15 19:23:34

It was on again last night.
Enjoyed it.
I didn't think Cilla came off very well in it at all. The way she treated Bobby made me really sad.

DowntownFunk Fri 07-Aug-15 20:33:10

I'm sure I read at the time it was first on that Cilla herself approved of the show. She must have been happy with the portrayal.

zukiecat Wed 12-Aug-15 20:20:20

I was no fan of Cilla but Sheridan Smith is brilliant in everything she does.

Will watch anything she's in.

She's come a long way since Two Pints of Lager and The Royle Family.

DowntownFunk Wed 12-Aug-15 20:56:48

Zukie, did you see her in the Malcolm Webster case dramatisation? It was excellent.

zukiecat Wed 12-Aug-15 21:09:11

Yes Dowmtown,

I would have watched anyway but the Claire Webster case was local to me, so I was very interested.

I also saw the recent thing she was in about the young woman who died of cancer.

Sheridan was brilliant in both, I think she, and Joanne Froggat are the best actors of our time.

DowntownFunk Wed 12-Aug-15 21:25:44

Local to me too. I talked to someone involved in the case and the stuff they left out was more fascinating and shock than what was portrayed.

zukiecat Wed 12-Aug-15 21:37:22

Oh my goodness, What was shown was harrowing enough but I can imagine not everything was.

I read that Webster is appealing his sentence, lowlife that he is.

I wonder if he'll appeal and appeal, like Nat Fraser.

DowntownFunk Wed 12-Aug-15 22:43:40

Grrrrr ... Nat Fraser, may that cunt rot in hell.

BagelwithButter Thu 13-Aug-15 00:49:14

Only seen the 1st part so far. I found it incredible how good Jack Farthing was as John Lennon, as I was more familiar with him as the disastrous Freddie from Blandings and George Warleggan in Poldark.

Amazing variety of parts and all very well done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now