Amazon Prime TV shows

(15 Posts)
BsshBosh Sun 02-Aug-15 03:21:31

What are you enjoying?
I'm loving Transparent, Extant, The Walking Dead and Orphan Black (also on Netflix) at the moment. Looking forward to watching Outlander, Vikings and Mozart in the Jungle.
DH loves Extant and Alpha House.

Potterwolfie Sun 02-Aug-15 03:34:41

Does anyone, know, is 'The Good Wife' on Amazon UK Prime?

RitaKiaOra Sun 02-Aug-15 03:56:19

Transparent is brilliant, binge watched it, looking forward to second series.
I liked Welcome to Sweden.
Amazon originals, I enjoyed Red Oaks pilot which got picked up and both Cocked/Salem Rogers which didn't. [Should be making more of these than spending £ on Clarkson imho].
Have enjoyed watching Gortimer Gibbons with the kids.
Loved watching 30 rock all over again.
Rest are films I watched or rented: Begin again/Laggies/The way way back/
Salmon fishing in the yemen/Love is all you need. (loved this but saw it dubbed in German, not sure whether UK only had subtitles for the non-English bits, it is in English, Danish and Italian).

RitaKiaOra Sun 02-Aug-15 04:02:21

D/K but the Good wife was on Amazon prime in Germany. Think it may be on there now. They tend to make second seasons free like House, Damages, Dr Who, Homeland etc then you might have to pay for earlier seasons, but later ones are free then it reverts backconfused so season 1 is free again. As I cannot keep track I try to watch it all as and when it comes up but maybe I am doing it wrong. Interested how it works in UK.

DansonslaCapucine Sun 02-Aug-15 04:16:23

Bosch is good.

Dh likes Ray Donovan - we're only two episodes in though.

I like Scandi stuff so enjoyed The Protectors which is about the Danish Secret Service.

FishWithABicycle Sun 02-Aug-15 05:53:54

I enjoyed Turn (about spies in the American war of independence)
Arrow is fun.
I watched the first couple of episodes of outlander and gave up as it was too drivelly. Couldn't bear more than one episode of parks and recreation.
Vikings is on the watchlist.

FishWithABicycle Sun 02-Aug-15 05:56:03

I loved loved loved the pilot episode of "the man in the high castle" and apparently they are now making more episodes of that which I'm really looking forward to.

BsshBosh Sun 02-Aug-15 08:35:04

Yes, I'm looking forward to Man in the High Castle too. Out this Autumn I think. So far I'm really impressed by Amazon's original programming so am keeping my subscription.

BsshBosh Sun 02-Aug-15 08:36:28

Potter The Good Wife is not free on Amazon, so only on Netflix.

Bumply Sun 02-Aug-15 08:48:40

I watched Prisoners of War which is the original Israeli series that Homeland was based on (and same director).
I don't normally like programs with subtitles but this was gripping and held me for both series.

DansonslaCapucine Sun 02-Aug-15 18:49:23

I also loved Crossing Lines. It's about unit investigating cross border crimes in Europe. They are commissioned by the International Crimes Commission at The Hague. It starts slowly but gets really good.

I'm looking forward to season 3.

elbowsdontsing2 Sun 02-Aug-15 18:54:39

is orphan black free on amazon prime id love to see that

BsshBosh Sun 02-Aug-15 19:16:01

elbow Orphan Black season 1 is free on Amazon and seasons 1 & 2 are free on Netflix.

FishWithABicycle Sun 02-Aug-15 22:28:57

Can you tell me any more about Extant? I've quite enjoyed the first episode but I get REALLY irritated with series where the plot relies on people being really stupid and making crazy decisions for no other reason than "it allows the plot to do THIS" but no relation to character and motivation. There did seem to be a little of that and there are a lot of aspects to the initial setup that make me wonder if it's going to be pants. But is it really any good?

elbowsdontsing2 Mon 03-Aug-15 18:05:19

thanks ill have a look for it tonight as the tellys shit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now