Talk

Advanced search

Great British bake off back 5th August

(103 Posts)
Helgathehairy Tue 28-Jul-15 16:31:09

Seems slightly earlier than usual? Very excited anyway!

Lottapianos Tue 28-Jul-15 16:34:16

Yay! I love Mel and Sue's blazers almost as much as I love the cakes smile

emotionsecho Tue 28-Jul-15 16:40:31

I thought that Helga but have duly noted it in my diary!

Helgathehairy Tue 28-Jul-15 16:44:46

I had my baby on August 10th 2013 and that year I'm certain it wasn't on till a week or two after that. I'm not sure about last year though.

SugarMiceInTheRain Tue 28-Jul-15 16:45:54

Fab, cannot wait! I only got into the Bake Off last year and absolutely loved it. Love Mel and Sue too grin

Annarose2014 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:49:23

So so sooo excited! Apparently in the first episode they're doing a Victoria sponge.

So lots of opportunities for saggy sponges with stingy jam. Oooh and people who put the cream on when the sponge is still warm and it evaporates!

<rubs hands with glee>

BlueKarou Tue 28-Jul-15 16:50:46

Definitely seems earlier; I remember watching it last year as it was getting colder and watching them in their over-heating marquee feeling a little bit jealous!

emotionsecho Tue 28-Jul-15 18:58:27

At the risk of being boled, baked, fried and roasted, I had a read about the contestants in the Daily Mail and think we have the ingredients for a very good series, I am really looking forward to it.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 28-Jul-15 18:59:15

I am beyond excited.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 28-Jul-15 19:15:08

Yay, v exciting!

coveredinsnot Tue 28-Jul-15 20:19:23

Never followed it properly but will do this year as I'll be on maternity leave! Very exciting.

coveredinsnot Tue 28-Jul-15 20:20:22

emotions any particularly interesting contestants?

emotionsecho Tue 28-Jul-15 20:54:22

covered Paul, Tamal, Marie and Ugne stood out for me as ones to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on.

LadySharrowOfGolter Tue 28-Jul-15 21:01:14

Whoo hoo! Can't wait. I thought the contestants looked good too. I loved Nancy last year though, she's hard to beat.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 29-Jul-15 07:46:43

Definitely earlier it started three weed before I moved abroad last year!
Back in the uk now and excited!

MadAngryGnome Wed 29-Jul-15 07:57:37

Love the Bake Off! Although it's better a few weeks in when it's whittled down to a more manageable number of contestants and you can actually follow who's who.

southeastastra Wed 29-Jul-15 08:00:38

this is one reason why i hate paying the licence fee, bloody bake off and cookery shows. they need their own (subscription) channel there are so many of them.

people going ape shit crackers over a flan

Costacoffeeplease Wed 29-Jul-15 08:21:21

It's quite simple southeastastra - don't watch it, it's not compulsory

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 29-Jul-15 08:24:19

South perhaps this isn't the thread for you, then?

Really looking forward to this. Have stocked up on baking ingredients for the inevitable baking frenzy that will follow in my house!

Goodbyemylove Wed 29-Jul-15 08:26:28

I love it! It is the single only programme the kids will watch with me.

I don't like any cookery programmes not masterchef or anything, only this one.

MumOfOne14 Wed 29-Jul-15 08:33:12

Can't wait!! I was pregnant last year & had to have plenty of cakes, cookies & pastries around me whilst watching it. There's no way I could watch it without a cake in hand! smile

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 29-Jul-15 08:41:20

Goodbye I don't like many others either - although I do enjoy Australian Masterchef.

MokunMokun Wed 29-Jul-15 08:44:11

I'm really excited too!

I've been watching American Masterchef. It has a good cast this season.

Hopefully GBBO will be good too.

marshmallowpies Wed 29-Jul-15 09:03:45

Can't wait! It does always seem to start earlier every summer but perhaps it's just my imagination.

I don't watch any other reality TV but GBBO is exactly what I pay my licence fee for. Cakes, humour, squirrels with huge testicles, people in a tent while the rain pours down, hugs - could it be any more British?

123Jump Wed 29-Jul-15 09:10:35

I don't want contestants to be picked on anything other than their baking ability.
They will ruin it if they start to pick people based on personality,whether they will fight,their 'sex factor'...
I can't wait to see all those soggy bottoms though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now