Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone see the programme about disablism on BBC3 last night? 9pm

(6 Posts)
BeckerLleytonnever Fri 24-Jul-15 16:57:10

Well done Adam Pearson, , and showed theres a real human being behind the face, an articulate intelligent man. He was lovely.

Im disabled, yet people either talk to anyone with me as if Im not there or if they talk to me they shout slowly as if Im stupid and deaf.

current government and their shit all compassion and non-help for disabled are not helping matters at all.

the police were disgusting by not investigating the trolling. as Adam said, racists, religeion, ageism yes, but disbled? ha ha, its a joke, we're a joke, we are not worthy of being on this earth, we have no purpose or use, we are a drain on society and the tax payers (not the benefit cheats or mps and their expenses though).

The mention of Fiona Pilkington is pretty much what happens to me and my DC (also disabled), and like her, the police/social services everyone else have done fuck all about it.

And what wasnt mentioned was hidden disabilities, plus look at the people convicted of disability crime, they literally get off scott free. its disgraceful.

Also, sadly, I bet many so-called ''normal'' people didn't bother watching it, its nothing to do with them.

CoogerAndDark Fri 24-Jul-15 19:22:34

Yes, I watched it. I have seen Adam before, he is a fantastic person.
I noticed the lack of attention to hidden disabilities too, but I suppose the programme couldn't cover every aspect soconcentrated on what he had to contend with.
I was very surprised no one challenged the comment on his YouTube page. I certainly would have.

BeckerLleytonnever Sat 25-Jul-15 16:58:57

That comment was despicable. I was surprised too.

And I get angry like his mum too when people stare at us too long. well, stare and then make a disgusting comment!

Samcro Sat 25-Jul-15 17:10:05

didn't see it thank god, do watch thursday at 9pm, that is going to be good and show the good side

Mrsjayy Sat 25-Jul-15 20:10:34

It was on the other night i watched it was interesting the comment was a frigging disgrace. Im disabled and i used to go out when i was younger with my friend who used a wheelchair in pubs it was a nightmare like the guy adam was interviewing idiots would come over and hassle us mainly wheeling my friend away they were just having a laugh obviously hmm

CoogerAndDark Sat 25-Jul-15 21:58:58

That young woman in the club - cringe! How he didn't tell her just to sod offI do 't know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now