Talk

Advanced search

Tracy Barlow really is the turd that wont flush.

(23 Posts)
SurlyCue Thu 16-Jul-15 20:59:21

She is the most tiresome character on a soap ever. They have exhausted every storyline with her, there is zero character development. It is dull beyond dull having to tolerate her waste of filming dialogues repeating the same spiteful shite over and over again. Why is she still there? How do they justify keeping her? confused

SymphonyofShadows Sun 19-Jul-15 17:08:21

I agree, and she really mangles her lines too. Terrible actress

Chipstick10 Sun 19-Jul-15 17:55:55

Oh god I agree. I really wish they would get rid .

Tequilashotfor1 Sun 19-Jul-15 17:58:23

Maybe she is going to turn nice with the 'nice' ex H,

She really reminds me of gollum!

SymphonyofShadows Sun 19-Jul-15 18:37:53

Ha! I'm not going to be able to look at her without seeing Gollum.

SurlyCue Sun 19-Jul-15 19:14:38

Gollum! grin

I have a feeling mr nice ex will turn out to be not so nice and they'll murder someone together. Well its what she does isnt it.

CelibacyCakeAndFuckThePO Sun 19-Jul-15 19:19:04

I quite like Tracey, as far as pantomime villains go.

Used to love David Platt and his evil villain malarkey, but they've watered him down and he's soooo boring.

In fact, there are no interesting characters in Corrie at the minute.

SurlyCue Sun 19-Jul-15 19:45:37

See I love david platt now he's all mr dad and helplessly in love with kylie.

Pantomime villains are good but it wears thin very quickly and as i said, theyve exhausted every storyline with her, in a soap you need a bit of character development and tracy just isnt capable of it. She is completely predictable and boring. Same script over and over with her.

CelibacyCakeAndFuckThePO Sun 19-Jul-15 20:21:37

I think they've lost that many regulars this past year that they are going for "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

I reckon that one day, David will go off the rails and it will be epic!

Perhaps they could get her together with the loathsome Callum and they could go down for dealing. That would have the extra benefit of them being able to write out Sarah and Bethany as there would be no reason for them to stay.

gaggiagirl Sun 19-Jul-15 20:30:22

I agree op. Cain dingle in Emmerdale was a pantomime villain. He still can be but he has layers, vulnerability, issues, tenderness and varying story lines and scripts. Tracey barlow has had what seems to be the same story line on a loop for fucking ever. I cant stand her.

SurlyCue Sun 19-Jul-15 20:38:38

I reckon that one day, David will go off the rails and it will be epic!

Oh he'll have to! There's only so long he can bottle up all that badness he was born with grin it will come out in an explosion. And callum will die

Yes sarah and bethany really need to go. Very irritating characters.

I love Cain dingle now he's with Moira. See, love changes the bad boys for the better. All they needed was a hug grin <volunteers to hug Ross Barton to initiate his transformation>

CelibacyCakeAndFuckThePO Sun 19-Jul-15 21:36:01

I can't wait for David to show his true colours to Callum. I find myself getting increasingly angry at how he lets Callum push him around.

DOES CALLUM NOT KNOW WHIE HE'S DEALING WITH!!!?

SurlyCue Sun 19-Jul-15 22:35:50

I think he'll find out soon enough. I cant wait!

Fauchelevent Sun 19-Jul-15 23:09:16

Confession - Tracy Barlow was a childhood crush! For shame! I started watching Corrie because of her and stopped as soon as she went to jail (in fairness I was still in primary school...)

Can't tell if it's more or less embarrassing than my crush on Cass Rickman from The Bill.

Daisywellies Mon 20-Jul-15 15:26:04

I hadn't watched Coronation Street for years but tuned in last week to see how the departure of Deidre was handled. I agree, Tracey is a very one dimensional character - no light or shade whatsoever.

Sarah Platt's daughter looks more like her sister. She is also gobby and rude in a way that the Platts (for all their faults and failings) never really were.

The80sweregreat Tue 21-Jul-15 09:04:27

I caught an omnibus edition a few months back with a fire started by Tracey.

It was dreadful. I dont normally watch, but i was having such a giggle at the terrible acting i carried on watching. Still, im loyal to EE and that is even worse sometimes! Steves mum in corrie is so annoying too.

Tequilashotfor1 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:10:32

I feel really sorry for poor Simon. He is going to be the next phyco. He has got more issues that a big issue seller sad he has has a really bad couple of years !

Wishful80sMontage Tue 21-Jul-15 09:18:12

I like Tracey think she's one of the more watchable characters I think the mistake they made was the fire it was a step too far.
I really think Tracey is way way down in list of problems for corrie ATM there's a lot of people that could go before her in my opinion - a lot! And not via another stunt plot just write them out please!

Sweetgrape Wed 22-Jul-15 09:46:10

The thought of more prominent story lines for Simon could be the reason I might have to stop watching.

Nurserywindow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:58:29

Simon doesn't look as if he has two English parents. If I recall correctly his mother was a very fair English rose type. I know Peter's quite dark and swarthy but Simon looks as if he has Asian blood.

SymphonyofShadows Wed 22-Jul-15 16:32:42

Simon looks like DS1 when he was little. DP, who resembles Craig Charles, always asks when they are giving him back to his real family.

SurlyCue Wed 22-Jul-15 16:34:15

hmm wtaf? "English" parents?

Aside from that idiotic comment you do realise they are all actors and not actually related dont you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now