Talk

Advanced search

Once upon a time

(18 Posts)
Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:02:14

Anyone else a fan?

I'm only just discovering this on Netflix and oh my word I love it! I love that its based around many of my much loved disney characters from when I was a child and it's just such a well thought out and put together show!

Mindexplode Mon 13-Jul-15 12:03:45

DH and I have started series 2, it's really good and keeps getting better :-)

Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:27:49

I'm looking forward to season 4 looks like there are some frozen episodes somewhere grin

I totally am! I watched the first 4 seasons very quickly as I got totally hooked. Can't wait for the new season grin

Spoiler alert for those who haven't caught up yet, but I desperately hope Rumplestiltskin still has powers after losing the dark one. He's my favourite character by far

Misslgl88 The episodes with Anna and Elsa are different but it lightened it up a little. When Cruella, Malecficent etc join after the Frozen episodes it gains more humour too smile

123why456 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:50:36

I just finished watching all the series this morning sad when do the next lot start? I have loved watching this got totally gripped xxx

Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:54:34

Think it's later in the year, they have just been at comicon discussing it and Merida will make an appearance this time.

Got an exciting year tv wise, once Upon a time, american horror story. Just need to find out when season 2 of empire will be starting!

123why456 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:58:47

Oooo Merida that will be good, it takes a lot for me to be hooked on TV series but this has really got me xx

Think it's September or October it starts in America and the last season was shown pretty much soon after it was on over there, so fingers crossed smile

I'm looking forward to the new American Horror Story too, Misslgl , I am struggling with the idea of no Jessica Lange and Lady Gaga replacing her though shock .

Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:09:06

Yes I have to say I'm reserving judgement on the new series of AHS due to no Jessica Lange. She really made it for me

She just plays each character brilliantly doesn't she. She really does make it, not to disrespect the others, but she's always so central and I can't imagine anyone playing like she does. It also slightly ruins the whole idea that all the series are interlinked, which they certainly are in some way, but without her it won't seem right lol

123why456 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:19:19

Iv not seen American horror story is it good?? Xxx

It is smile If it's your kinda thing anyway! Each season is very different with a completely different theme, story and era, the same actors playing different characters etc with the exception of a couple who have appeared as the same character. It's said there is a connection between them all, which is clearly true just nobody knows quite what yet, and one theory is that the characters are in Dantes Hell.

Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 14:27:26

It's brilliant although I will say season 2 was a bit slow for me the rest have been great!

Misslgl88 Mon 13-Jul-15 14:32:06

You'll get the first 3 seasons on Netflix, season 4 I got online smile

Helgathehairy Mon 13-Jul-15 15:30:31

It's back September 27th in the states I think. Not sure how soon it will be on Netflix. VERY excited about Merida.

Geoff0409 Mon 13-Jul-15 15:42:37

Watched the first 2 series on Channel 5 and was gutted when they didn't renew it. Then watched the whole of series 3 and 4 on Netflix and it is still just as good. It has been praised for having a vast amount of very strong female characters and rightly so. I have a massive huge crush on Lana Parrilla - big time. Robert Carlyle is brilliant in it. Plus our 8YO DD has started watching and loves it.

BBQsAreSooooOverrated Mon 13-Jul-15 20:57:17

I watched all 4 series in netflix in a maritain sitting. Love it. Can't wait to see the next series. I've started to watch Grimm but not enjoying it that much really.

ltk Thu 16-Jul-15 09:11:30

I did the same BBQ. Now I have the dc watching it and realise how much I fastforwarded over the first time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now