Talk

Advanced search

WIMBLEDON MEN'S FINAL- Will it be gr8 for Federer, or a trio of triumphs for Djokovoc?

(644 Posts)
Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 20:28:27

So, here we are again- deja vu, all over again. Tomorrow it will be-

Fed v Djok.

Becker v Edberg.

I'm thinking it might be the Synth's year- but Djok has had a very good tournament. Of course 'but RG will be playing on his mind' will be on the lips of all the commentators, but I'm not sure about that.

Ready? Play!

tennis

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 20:29:39

pfft- and as usual, a lovely typo in the title.

Djokovic, of course. Sorry, Novakgrin

Could be worse, could have put DjikDjok.

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jul-15 20:34:01

Marking place smile. Thanks for new thread, Raahh.

HenriettaTurkey Sat 11-Jul-15 20:35:42

Fed in 4.

trixymalixy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:36:15

Nobody watching the ladies doubles? It's fantastic.

trixymalixy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:37:33

Although WTF is with the net in all the tennis outfits this year? That Russian's dress is hideous!

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jul-15 20:40:14

Could be a classic final tomorrow. They are both playing so well. I'm not a fan of either so hope to enjoy a great match without wanting anyone in particular to win. If pushed I'm probably Team Fed. Just.

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 20:44:44

Drama-I'm not really a fan of either, but am team Fed, for the Stefan factor.

I might have some alcohol left grin

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 20:46:24

trixy- the net is odd, isn't it? Doesn't look right at all.

CremeEggThief Sat 11-Jul-15 20:55:57

I am watching the ladies doubles now, although it seems they're trying to squeeze a bit of the highlights show in, while they are closing the roof. You forget what a truly talented, thinking tennis player Martina Hingis is. Nobody plays like that any more....

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 20:58:27

Hingis did have such a bright future- it all just seemed to fall apart. I heard Sue saying earlier that Hingis was the one who was talked about, as having the massive potential, multiple slam winner....and then along came Venus and Serena. Martina has had her problems- it's good to see her back.

GrouchyKiwi Sat 11-Jul-15 21:04:08

Thanks for the thread, Raahh.

Am watching the Women's Doubles final. It's great. Hingis certainly is brilliant.

YonicScrewdriver Sat 11-Jul-15 21:07:31

I'm a djok supporter but think it could be Fed's year. Would be a good match with Serena as they are the same age!

annandale Sat 11-Jul-15 21:08:02

When I see hingis it makes me think of seles. As an adult I can't quite believe what happened to her.

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 21:14:19

No, anna neither can I. It was pretty scary- I think Seles would have gone on to win a lot more. He attacker got what he wanted sad

GrouchyKiwi Sat 11-Jul-15 21:22:22

Oh wow! What a final set!

Makes me a bit sniffly to see Hingis winning again. And yay for Mirza. They're both so smiley.

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 21:22:53

sad

It's all coming to an end. I hate the end of Wimbledon, it effectively signals the end of the tournaments I can 'watch', for a while.

Just realised that the US Open is also a week later this year- I did wonder if delaying Wimbledon would have a knock on effect.

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 21:24:03

I didn't get chance to watchsad Stooopid red button.

Well done to Hingis and Mirza!

tennis

GrouchyKiwi Sat 11-Jul-15 21:32:02

DH and I just looked up the prize money. Blinking heck. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Championships,_Wimbledon#Trophies_and_prize_money

PinkPopPony Sat 11-Jul-15 21:36:16

Checking in .
Really enjoyed the ladies doubles - probably the most enjoyable match for me this year.

Raah you could always come over to the TdF thread and watch the Pelaton next week bike Allez!

PinkPopPony Sat 11-Jul-15 21:38:25

That was meant to have a wink on the end !

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jul-15 21:40:24

Yes, well done Hingis & Mirza - great match tennis

Waltons Sat 11-Jul-15 21:44:37

Ladies doubles the most exciting final so far by a long chalk!

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 21:44:53

Pinkgrin

I don't understand cycling- since it seems to involve a lot more than just getting for A to B ! grin [bicycle]

Raahh Sat 11-Jul-15 21:45:15

bike

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now