Under the Dome, season 3 episode 1 spoilers thread...

(7 Posts)
MTWTFSS Fri 26-Jun-15 08:37:10

OMG ARGH!!!! I really thought we'd find out about the dome but NOOOO instead they just steal the plot from yet another sci-fi film angry Matrix rip-off is not what I wanted sad

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 27-Jun-15 13:58:33

This series is weird - it's really diverted from the book. I find myself watching because I can't quite believe how bad and nonsensical it is grin

I noticed the Matrix 'influence', also Lost and the Tommyknockers.

ShuShuFontana Sat 27-Jun-15 14:01:37

WHAT??

when?? is it back? have I missed it??

TELLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! please!

PotKettleInterfaceSituation Sat 27-Jun-15 14:11:59

How does it differ from the book?

Just interested because I got bored after the first couple of episodes.

It's one of the few SK books that I just couldn't get into. I ended up flipping through to the end because all I cared about was what the dome was and who put it there. With most SK books I read every single word and read each book numerous times.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 27-Jun-15 14:29:10

I'm not sure if it's okay to put book spoilers on this thread (I think it's for the series alone). But, in general terms, I can't see it ending in the same way, the plot has gone off in all sorts of bizarre directions that didn't happen in the book. There are characters who didn't exist in the book but who have a major influence on the story arc, and characters who did appear in the book but who have undergone massive personality changes that render them unidentifiable apart from their names.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 27-Jun-15 14:29:59

I think it would have been better if they had stuck to the original story and made a three or four episode miniseries.

ShadowFire Mon 29-Jun-15 13:17:18

ShuShu - back on UK TV tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now