Talk

Advanced search

Lego programme

(20 Posts)
2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 21:19:03

C4 now. Disappointed not more female designers but the male predominance explains the sexist crap they design for girls rather than having it designed by women. I find the varieties of spaceship weapons very yawny. Suspect most girls aren't obsessive enough to know how to apply to be Lego designer

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 21:24:23

The women in the company have the rubbish jobs. Maybe they should ask them for design ideas

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 21:55:20

I love the birds

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 14-Jun-15 21:56:59

I was surprised by just how male dominated it seems. I thought product design type jobs would be a fairly equal mix of men and women, but it doesn't seem to be the case with lego. You're right it does explain a bit why Lego Friends is so crap.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 14-Jun-15 21:58:34

Ds watched open mouthed and is desperate to work there <sigh >
Luckily he is only 8, plenty of time to change his mind. Or I could train him up to infiltrate feminism.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jun-15 22:05:56

I thought that bloke had the worst collection of shirts I have ever seen.

WidowWadman Sun 14-Jun-15 22:09:14

There's plenty of women and girls who like spaceships. How can you be dismissive of friends and at the same time assume spaceships aren't for girls?

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 22:15:36

I like space ships but find them a bit weapon obsessed. My nephew is very in to lego star wars but I find them a bit boring ditto the bionicles which all seemed very samey.. Love my lego campervan though.

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 22:21:16

I liked his shirts

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jun-15 22:23:41

Did you? They were really awful. confused

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 22:25:59

My husband wasn't impressed either, but I liked them especially the one he wore at home.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jun-15 22:28:31

I just thought of Timmy Mallett. grin

I didn't find the programme as interesting as I thought it would be.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 14-Jun-15 22:28:35

My dds 8 and 6 love Lego. They like the stuff from the Lego movie and Batman and the Lord of the Rings stuff. The Lego Friends stuff definitely doesn't seem as exciting.

Sparklingbrook Sun 14-Jun-15 22:30:08

DSs are teens now. the last Lego we bought was Spongebob I think.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 14-Jun-15 22:31:28

I'll say stuff one more time.

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 22:33:37

My kids got more into computer games as they got older and my son became a minecraft geek.
My husband has 1 lego technic set really glad he hasn't a room full of models, we just have loads of bikes instead, but at least that keeps him fit smile

AalyaSecura Sun 14-Jun-15 22:38:10

Ah but women can't grow beards... (reckon it won't be long before the shirts bloke will be sporting one!).

TheSpottedZebra Sun 14-Jun-15 22:40:52

When that chap was scrolling down Memory Lane, they briefly showed some Fabuland sets. I bloody loved Fabuland. They should bring that back, not shitey Lego Friends. Then I could buy it.

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-15 22:57:06

I don't think I ever got any lego as a kid (now 50ish). Maybe I did and have forgotten but all the interesting construction stuff went to my brother. probably partly my fault in not asking for it but toy marketing was very sexist in the 70s, although looking at all the pink tat it's no better now. My sister had stickle bricks. They were less flexible than lego. I think I only became aware of the lego possibilities as a teenager when I felt i was too old for it.

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Jun-15 21:38:07

Since seeing the Lego movie dd1 has taken to calling lego "awesome bricks" after that everything is awesome song. Cracks me up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now