Talk

Advanced search

An Hour to Save your Life

(13 Posts)
DorothyL Thu 04-Jun-15 23:30:12

It leaves me with so so much admiration for the staff - just wow

DorothyGherkins Thu 04-Jun-15 23:32:40

Bloody brilliant werent they, the whole team. When it works, our NHS is the best.

Icimoi Fri 05-Jun-15 19:13:43

Needs to be compulsory viewing for everyone who moans about the NHS. Also any journo working for the Daily Mail.

Dinnerfor1 Fri 05-Jun-15 19:44:12

I found it so moving. They were amazing. It was incredible how calm they were. Real life heroes.

catlass Fri 05-Jun-15 20:02:54

Brilliant wasn't it. I'm a HCP in that area of medicine and have worked with some of the staff shown. It was a fab documentary, very realistic.

Sidge Fri 05-Jun-15 22:36:54

I recorded this last night and just watched it.

An incredible documentary. I'm an experienced HCP (though not in an acute environment) and was truly blown away by the care given.

Very moving and they did everything they could for Janina.

Cocolepew Sat 06-Jun-15 11:41:29

It's an amazing programme, what wonderful people.

hooker29 Sat 06-Jun-15 21:57:06

Absolutely bloody amazing! No one could ever complain about the NHS after that.They never gave up on that poor girl,even though technically she was dead at the side of the road and although they couldn't save her in the end,they did everything they possibly could. Fabulous documentary.

DorothyL Tue 09-Jun-15 21:48:49

Sobbing!

DorothyL Tue 16-Jun-15 22:59:33

So amazing again.

vez123 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:10:41

This week and last week I watched this with my heart in my mouth. Modern medicine is truly amazing and those people performing it should be applauded.

Icelandicsuperyoghurt Wed 17-Jun-15 22:00:37

I watched the first episode and last nights and keep thinking about them. It was heartbreaking that Janina didn't make it but you couldn't fault the amazing effort everyone made to give her the best chance. I wondered if Vicky would also not make it this week as the accident and injuries seemd similar. I just sat with a big smile on my face when they interviewed her at the end. And Kyle - I was convinced would survive but be really impaired. But bless him, he seemed in really good shape. Just stunning what can and is done. i defy anyone not to be moved by this. I couldn't make myself watch last week's with the babies because dd is pregnant and i think i'd have been too worried/emotional.

Pud2 Thu 18-Jun-15 22:12:28

A credit to the wonderful NHS a and it's highly skilled and dedicated staff. Amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now