Talk

Advanced search

Are we watching Mad Men together tonight?

(32 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 09-Apr-15 12:12:55

I've got some new Boden lounge pants that I haven't worn yet and and half price bottle of Prosecco in the fridge waiting. I just hope no-one flipping disturbs me. I feel quite badly.

MyOtherNameIsFunnier Thu 09-Apr-15 12:13:56

Oooh I didn't know it was back on! Hurrah!

Enigmatist Thu 09-Apr-15 12:17:20

I've had an alarm on my phone for the last two weeks & I've series linked it too just in case of any falling asleep mishaps. Do you think I've got it covered?

thatstoast Thu 09-Apr-15 12:23:38

I've got it on record and have been avoiding spoilers all week. I would love to watch live but I struggle to stay awake past 10 atm.

EachandEveryone Thu 09-Apr-15 12:25:45

I'm so bloody annoyed they aren't showing it the day after the States as usual. I don't think it's as popular as it was tbh. I can't bloody wait though!

EachandEveryone Thu 09-Apr-15 20:48:32

I'm going to let it record for 15 minutes.

EachandEveryone Thu 09-Apr-15 23:14:40

What did we all think? I'm having a large swig of wine to recover.

Enigmatist Thu 09-Apr-15 23:24:17

Did Don imagine seeing Rachel? Who is the waitress?! And what he heck is living on Roger's top lip?!!

EachandEveryone Thu 09-Apr-15 23:29:04

Yes it was a dream. He looked devasted at the Shiva.

I tell you I must be learning summat from watching some quality telly rather than Millionaire Matchmaker all the way through I kept thinking it reminding me of the later Soprano episodes and, I just read a blog review. The same guy who wrote it wrote afew of the later Sopranos. I must be taking something in grin

MyOtherNameIsFunnier Fri 10-Apr-15 07:12:04

Don is unravelling completely.

I think the waitress reminded him of Rachel? Clever how the opening scenes made us think it was a real sexual encounter (with the model and the fur), and then flipped that on its head with the waitress scene when Don thought it was a real thing.

Loved the acting in Peggy and Joan's awful meeting. Joan conveyed her utter rage and embarrassment while keeping her composure, she is amazing to watch.

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Fri 10-Apr-15 07:15:33

Let my eyes skim the last few posts and just marking place because I won't watch it til the weekend but woo!!!

EachandEveryone Fri 10-Apr-15 10:19:38

She really is beautiful. Do you think that's padding? She looked half the size when I saw her interviewed.

MsRinky Fri 10-Apr-15 15:38:14

Ooh, I knew that the waitress reminded him of Rachel as soon as he set eyes on her.

I just want things to work out for Peggy and for Sally.

EachandEveryone Fri 10-Apr-15 18:08:37

Yes, I missed Sally last night.

ShebaRabbit Sun 12-Apr-15 15:21:27

I don't think it will end well for Don, not in a death or suicide kind of way but more a lingering unhappy life of booze and empty sex that gets rarer and rarer as he gets older and more pathetic. Roger has the humour to carry it off into his old age but Don's too dark for that. Rachel really understood him- too well to go to Cali with him.
I cant believe how disappointed I am in Ken not going to Vermont but it was very realistic too sad

CrispyFern Sun 12-Apr-15 23:58:10

I want to see what Betty is up to.
Peggy was looking hot I thought!

Ken made me laugh. Hmm, live my dream or fuck with Pete, live my dream.... Fuck with Pete...

SorrelForbes Wed 15-Apr-15 19:33:03

Only just watched it! Wonderful as usual even though Pete looked a bit odd

CrispyFern Wed 15-Apr-15 21:17:00

Oh nooooo seen a spoiler for this week. Grrrr.

ShebaRabbit Wed 15-Apr-15 23:40:10

Vincent Kartheiser has been shaving his head at the front so that Pete is balding now.

SorrelForbes Thu 16-Apr-15 11:00:28

I have to confess that I've seen Episode 9 already blush.

I thought last night's episode was quite boring. Not enough Pete or Betty, and where's Sally?

I'm not interested in Megan's sister or the waitress.

SorrelForbes Fri 17-Apr-15 17:03:13

I wasn't interested in Megan or her sister but I did like the bits with Roger and Megan's mother. The Peggy/Joan scenes were great too.

EachandEveryone Sat 18-Apr-15 11:17:50

I really enjoyed last nights. I can't remember ever really liking Megan and couldn't remember why it was all Dons fault.

ShebaRabbit Sat 18-Apr-15 14:18:28

I hope he cancels the cheque after Maman nicking all the furniture.

EachandEveryone Sat 18-Apr-15 18:13:24

How much is a million dollars in today's money? Didn't realise they made so much. She was only with him five minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now