Talk

Advanced search

Anybody watching GPs: Behind clsed doors? On Ch5, now.

(11 Posts)
SoleSource Wed 04-Feb-15 20:36:10

I found the GP dealing with the Lady and her personality disorder unsympathetic.

Sunnymeg Wed 04-Feb-15 20:42:24

I think it is difficult as we do not know the history of the case, we are just seeing a snapshot of her problems.

sockssandalsandafork Wed 04-Feb-15 20:43:33

Really? I thought he was great with her.

SoleSource Wed 04-Feb-15 20:47:04

True but I felt he was cold towards her. The guy with the deteriorating memory sad

SoleSource Wed 04-Feb-15 20:53:45

Harold sad

Nativity3 Wed 04-Feb-15 22:35:03

I am watching on catch up now!

anothercantthinkofanothername Wed 04-Feb-15 23:00:10

Not my practice but lots of friends go there and have just watched it. Recognised quite a few faces...I thought it was a bit 'channel 5' and didn't think that many of those people were capable if giving fully informed consent to be filmed. I love a good fly on the wall documentary but just felt a bit wrong for some reason- possibly because I live nearby and saw familiar faces??

FIFIBEBE Thu 05-Feb-15 11:37:15

I too felt uncomfortable with some of this. I did think however that it gave a good insight into how frustrating life as a GP must be.

chockbic Thu 05-Feb-15 11:39:01

It must be a difficult job with fewer and fewer resources to call upon.

ggirl Thu 05-Feb-15 11:47:17

I thought the GP's were all really good, the girl with the personality disorder had a long history , we saw a mere few minutes and I thought he was sympathetic and constructive with her.

Hillingdon Thu 05-Feb-15 20:14:39

Am watching it. There is lots of support yet they seem to want the GP to resolve with no input from them. There isn't a tablet to make you stop drinking, to make you eat more fruit and veg and to stop eating junk food, I think some personal responsibility for your health is needed but some of the patients are incapable of doing this.

Honestly if a person with a drink problem is offered counselling and support and they don't turn up I don't know what the answer is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: