Advanced search

Anyone else given up on Broadchurch this season?

(24 Posts)
EachandEveryone Mon 02-Feb-15 00:22:55

It's on my planner. I've watched a couple but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know whether to watch it or if it's worth my time.

PeppermintCrayon Mon 02-Feb-15 00:25:50

Yup, it's totally gone to shite.

sniffle12 Mon 02-Feb-15 00:26:08

Nor me. I last switched off last time the defence lawyer was on someone's case AGAIN. And I haven't switched back on since. And that in spite of my love for David T.

EachandEveryone Mon 02-Feb-15 00:30:05

I just wished these great shows would be knocked on the head after the first season. It's an insult to us viewers really, they are never the same after the first season.

Arsenic Mon 02-Feb-15 00:41:47

Yep. DD1 wants me to watch with her but I just can't take any more.

Jenda Mon 02-Feb-15 01:06:07

Yep! Watched the first two and decided I was done. Will find out what happened on the boards here grin

Sarax82 Mon 02-Feb-15 01:50:57

I've been watching but not engrossed in it like I was the first series, disappointed in this one so far

oobedobe Mon 02-Feb-15 04:19:35

It's annoying they are the bumbling cops - can't take it seriously anymore.

ToastedOrFresh Mon 02-Feb-15 04:54:58

Agree. How many more suspects are going to be named for putting the boys body on the beach ? It was a rowing boat not a cruise ship.

Why are D.I. Miller and D.T.'s character sharing a bed albeit on a platonic basis ?

What's the deal with the Latimer Dad breaking up with his 15 year old boyfriend, much to the boyfriend's upset ? How come the Latimer Dad had the newborn with him at the time ?

It's just soooo fucking slooow.

Why does the bloke from the Sanbrook case keep skulking around ready to fuck his willing wife at any moment ?

Arsenic Mon 02-Feb-15 04:59:39

Why does the bloke from the Sanbrook case keep skulking around ready to fuck his willing wife at any moment ?

The only two scenes I really caught from the last episode involved him. The chips on the doorstep leading to steamy sex (err ok) and DT being taken to a field by a uniform colleague to answer an allegation of serious misconduct face to face with the mallet swinging evil one (of course that would happen!).

The writer is having some kind of enormous laugh, I think. Can't work out WHY though. Lottery win?

DollyParsnip Mon 02-Feb-15 10:03:25

I've tried to like this series but I've realised I don't really care what happens, and have found that most of the characters are quite unlikeable this time round. I've watched a couple but have found that I'm picking up the iPad, or a book or something halfway through the episodes rather than being totally gripped for the hour.

I do think they should have left the previous story (stories) alone and either moved DT and OC's characters elsewhere and started again, or left it as a one off.

It's a shame. Really wanted to like it.

fussychica Mon 02-Feb-15 14:46:00

I never watched Season 1 but was sucked into watching Season 2 due to all the hype. After 2 episodes (1 if I'm honest but I gave it a second chance) I thought it was shite and gave it the boot from the planner. Life's too short.

Watching Spiral instead - now that is great TV.

Arsenic Mon 02-Feb-15 14:54:29

What's Spiral?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 02-Feb-15 15:13:20

I adored series one and it really could have been left as a stand alone drama. When they announced they would be making Series Two, I hoped it was because they had an equally good show in mind, rather than to chase ratings. Sadly, having endured each episode so far, I fear the latter.

fussychica Mon 02-Feb-15 18:13:35

Arsenic Spiral or "Engrenages" is the French crime drama currently running on BBC4 on Saturday night. We're on Season 5 and every series is better than the last, unlike Boredchurchgrin

Pinkwillow Tue 03-Feb-15 20:40:18

Broadchurch...It's livened up in the last episode!! For French series..'.Un Village Francais' is brilliant.

Arsenic Tue 03-Feb-15 20:48:09

Spiral or "Engrenages" is the French crime drama currently running on BBC4 on Saturday night.

That rings a bell. I seem to remember taking against ep 1 of series of 1. Called it wrong, eh? I'll track down the first series and try again.

EachandEveryone Tue 03-Feb-15 22:28:04

I've deleted it off my planner

VenusStarr Tue 03-Feb-15 23:07:37

Me! I struggled through the first 2 episodes, halfhearted lot watched last weeks and got to the first ad break last night and just thought I don't care about any of the characters. It's rubbish.

It's making me think was the first series even that good? Is it the same writers?

mammuzzamia Tue 03-Feb-15 23:13:04

I managed two episodes then gave up out of sheer boredom. Friends of mine still raving about it confused

EachandEveryone Wed 04-Feb-15 20:45:24

I'll just read up on it after.

Showy Wed 04-Feb-15 20:47:06

I am >< this close.

trilbydoll Wed 04-Feb-15 20:50:42

I didn't like any of the characters first time round but wanted to know whodunnit. Now I don't care, and I still don't like them, except David Tennant. The Latimers are so irritating, I don't really care whether they get justice or not.

NaughtyRed82 Thu 05-Feb-15 03:49:55

I'm still watching but not enjoying it as much as the first series and neither am I glued to the screen like I was first time round. Also not in a rush to watch it same night it's on like did before with series 1.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now