Talk

Advanced search

Our Girl and Captain James Discussion Thread Volume XI

(1000 Posts)
icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 17:11:56

Feel free to join in as we discuss all things Our Girl and Captain James related.

The CJ Collective "Sophisticated Silliness"

Honorary Members of The CJ Collective:
Ben Aldridge
Tony Grounds
Lacey Turner
Cast & Crew of Our Girl

pixieg1rl Wed 28-Jan-15 18:48:35

Ooh first post.

Brilliant ff updates all round...

Speighty33 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:36:14

who has updated on FF tonight?

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 19:41:41

lola has done a new one
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11005117/1/HELLOHOLA

And ourgirljen has added more
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10955259/1/How-Could-I-Forget

Speighty33 Wed 28-Jan-15 19:51:58

I love that one by Ourgirljen. The writing is spot on, one of my fav FF's.

Onlygirljen Wed 28-Jan-15 20:04:51

Thanks speighty and thanks everyone for being so nice. I had a bit of a crisis over this chapter, so cheers to pixie and whajeb for pre reading for me.

Had an unexpectedly stressful evening hunting in the snow for neighbours lost dog. I am bloody freezing!! Dog turned up though smile

WHAJEB1 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:07:32

pixieg1rl not that I'm feeling the pressure but could I get you to read the important but grinblush

Not quite there yet but am nightshift tonight and confined to barracks (so to speak) due to the snow so may find sometime to write smile

WHAJEB1 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:08:22

Aarrrghhhh but = bit

Speighty33 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:14:59

Nothing like a bit of angst in the FF. Can't wait for the next instalment. Well done everyone - keep up the sterling work. Glad the dog turned up ok ourgirl

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 20:17:34

New zombie girl chapter

stressybird Wed 28-Jan-15 20:56:12

Still trying to catch up on Ff. Wish it would snow down here so I could lock myself away for a bit with the iPad.

Had a staff meeting at work today actually. I got laughed at because apparently I was absentmindedly stroking CJs face (on my mug, of course).

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 21:00:29

i started watching Wolf Hall but got distracted by googling where exactly in London BA's agency is and then how far it was from the Nespresso shop (not far) just in case I happen to go to London (not happening anytime soon)

stressybird Wed 28-Jan-15 21:09:59

A friend of mine visited the Nespresso shop at Xmas, took a photo of it and kindly bought me some Rosebaya pods, which is lovely, except sadly I don't have a machine! Ah well.

Speaking of Rosebaya, found the photo of the lady who had it tattood on her. Now that it dedication!

cherin Wed 28-Jan-15 21:19:55

Just read SPO latest, I admit that I find his writing about 10x better than any klipdoctor, it's absolutely comical! But in a very well written way! :-) I know now loooots more about cricket (ahemm)

Ilovelblue Wed 28-Jan-15 21:37:18

Back with you all again. Did a ribsticking meal for my friends. It's a ferocious wind and they definitely needed comfort food but the only problem with that is that they didn't want to leave and I had had a quick peep at the ff and knew there was some good stuff to read! Onlygirl they had been in Edinburgh but left early this morning and stopped off in Kendal to visit some relatives before coming to me and then on to his sister nearby to stay overnight. There's no snow round here though we've had a few hail showers this evening.

Onlygirl and Lola great stuff. Am loving it all!

Going to bed now with my bottle of cough mixture (still coughing but it's bearable) and reading it all over again! Still got SPO's to read as well. xx

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 21:38:00

Just looked out the window and it been snowing- and stuck. Wonder will it have gone by morning?

Ilovelblue Wed 28-Jan-15 21:54:01

Isn't it strange icemist as I reckon I am only about 20-25 miles further north than you and there's nothing.

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 21:57:35

Weird isn't it? Last week friends had snow in Oldham and we didn't even have a flake fall!

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 22:06:33

Taken myself off to bed, nearly forgot to set my alarm. Of course the one time I would forget boys would sleep in.
Not as much snow as I first thought, but meant to snow more overnight

stressybird Wed 28-Jan-15 22:08:51

The bbc weather tells me that 2 miles south of us, there will be light snow and potentially freezing temps, but 2 miles north will be no snow and 3degrees. This has happened before when I've struggled to get out of my drive, finally managed to get to work, where they've had not a single snowflake!

Not a lot we can do about it though, will just wait to see what awaits me when I open the curtains tomorrow.

Richtea19 Wed 28-Jan-15 22:20:47

Stressy me too, I would love snow, only for the reason of having to stay and read and watch telly (OG of course). They keep mentioning the possibility of snow at the end of the week, but I think I will miss it.

I'm saving SPO zombie for bedtime, I know it will be brilliant.

I was thinking about how much we all adore CJ/BA and when/if he gets a girlfriend how she will cope with all the femail attention he gets. Bearing in mind we are on thread eleven, we are certainly not going anywhere! So many celebrity relationships don't last, probably due to media and people coming out of the wood work, claiming they have a past with the person in question. I know BA isn't quite there in the celebrity stakes, but I am sure in won't take him long.. He just needs to ditch his agency and got with MN CJ Collective Agency!

cjwoofwoof Wed 28-Jan-15 22:24:19

Just checking in to find Thread XI hooray!! Been busy all day at Aldershot Barracks in endless staff meetings...absolutely knackered...anyway, what've I missed?? grin

Armpitt Wed 28-Jan-15 22:25:47

i know the programme

what do you have to say about it for 11 threads?

icemistOBE Wed 28-Jan-15 22:28:54

Those 'staff meetings' do tire you out cjwoof grin

Armpitt Wed 28-Jan-15 22:31:43

do any of you lot know rl army officers? they are generally reet nobbers.

anyway, I will leave you to it

This thread is not accepting new messages.