Advanced search

Wifeswap. I miss that programme.

(11 Posts)
toastandmarmiterocks Mon 19-Jan-15 23:07:26

Suddenly remembered it. It's not even on more4.

threepiecesuite Mon 19-Jan-15 23:11:26

I absolutely loved it. Wish it was still on. I still enjoy watching the really old ones. My most memorable one was the American military style dad, god he was awful.

toastandmarmiterocks Mon 19-Jan-15 23:16:37

I just remember all the men were chauvinists complaining the housework wasn't done to the right standard and them giving the "wives" pocket money to glam up for a night out.

Jackieharris Mon 19-Jan-15 23:28:44

I wish I could see the British ones again.

NorahBone Tue 20-Jan-15 20:30:21

I think they must have run out of families who run their home like a bizarre social experiment created by an eccentric dictator.
A moment that stuck in my head was the first programme where one woman said to her new "husband", "You're being Hitler. And he died!"

Susiesue61 Tue 20-Jan-15 20:32:55

I loved it! I loved the American ones for a glimpse into how some people live!!

zukiecat Wed 21-Jan-15 13:12:18

Oh I loved Wifeswap!

I've watched all the repeats, but they're not on any more sad

I remember one awful woman who threatened to give her swap's daughter "a good hiding" and then kept yelling "I am your adult, you will respect me!" She was just horrible.

Another great thing I miss is Holiday Showdown, that was always entertaining smile

FrChewieLouie Wed 21-Jan-15 13:14:11

I remember watching the Lizzie Bardsley (remember her?) Wife Swap on the night dd1 was born. Think it might have speeded up labour actually grin.

"You're like Hitler. And Hitler died." Still my favourite quote from it.

FrChewieLouie Wed 21-Jan-15 13:16:19

And the young mum from Bristol who got bother from SS or benefits agency or something afterwards. She used to leave her dc awake in their cot for hours every morning sad. Hopefully that stopped happening pretty sharpish.

FrChewieLouie Wed 21-Jan-15 13:17:46

Oh, and there was one really sad one with a woman whose entire life revolved around cleaning. She kept her living room encased in polythene and sometimes kept her dd off school to help her clean shock.

Really hope things got better for her.

zukiecat Wed 21-Jan-15 13:23:58

I remember that one FR, the mother used to leave the baby in her cot all morning, then feed her crisps for breakfast/lunch, I'm sure I read that SS got involved, but no further action was taken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now