Talk

Advanced search

Our Girl and Captain James Discussion Thread Volume X

(1000 Posts)
icemistOBE Sat 17-Jan-15 06:40:37

Feel free to join in as we discuss all things Our Girl and Captain James related.

The CJ Collective "Sophisticated Silliness"

Honorary Members of The CJ Collective:
Ben Aldridge
Tony Grounds
Lacey Turner

Nickel45 Sat 17-Jan-15 10:52:25

What lovely thoughts to end the last thread smile

cherin Sat 17-Jan-15 10:56:34

Does that shows we are really desperate housewives??

orphan Sat 17-Jan-15 10:57:07

Number 10! ( sound of celestial trumpets)

Every bathroom should come equipped with an emu feather clad CJ.

Richtea19 Sat 17-Jan-15 11:00:33

Yey new thread!!! How busy have we been!

Thanks cherin for shower clean tips!

pixieg1rl Sat 17-Jan-15 12:17:12

I like the sound of the CJ shower cleaning method. It would make the prospect of housework more appealing.

orphan Sat 17-Jan-15 12:30:22

Dp's just come back from a run and gone for a shower. Hope emu CJ doesn't pop out and offer his cleaning services...shock

cherin Sat 17-Jan-15 13:29:50

It depends on how flexible your DH is, orphan....sexuality is after all, a fluid concept, you know ;-)
(Anything to get a glimpse of CJ in a steamy shower? Nah, not really!!)

cherin Sat 17-Jan-15 13:30:45

(But if you smell citrus and bergamot on DH skin, kind of your fairy liquid...start getting suspicious...;-)

orphan Sat 17-Jan-15 13:57:46

Phew, had a good sniff of dp and no sign of fairy liquid. If CJ is offering his services, I want to be the first in line. Dp can get to the back of the queue.

pixieg1rl Sat 17-Jan-15 14:15:00

Just made myself a playlist of all the shouty clips elsie put up on soundcloud. I thought I it would cheer me up on a hard day. I think I'm sick in the head

orphan Sat 17-Jan-15 14:34:42

Don't worry pixie we're all deranged. Medical big wigs will be writing papers on us - I think we've discovered a new condition. Whether there's actually a cure for it is debatable.confused

Going out now, and will attempt to have a few hours CJ/thread-free!

cjwoofwoof Sat 17-Jan-15 14:50:49

Afternoon! Paintedcherrys keep fit pic this morning is rather disconcerting but it's the bloke to the left of BA that's worrying me...does he have to stand so close to BA shimmying like that? I'm rather concerned by the look on BA's face that they are trying to outdo each other - GO girlfriends grin

cjwoofwoof Sat 17-Jan-15 15:04:26

Excellent idea re the shower screen clean cherin. Does it also apply to wardrobe mirrors and windows (I'm thinking a ready-made ledge there already)? Also patio doors...glass cabinets...built-in ovens...quarry tiled floors...kitchen sinks...car bonnets even? That emu cloak will be more like a bald eagle threadbare cardigan by the time I've finished with him it.

Paintedcherryblossoms Sat 17-Jan-15 16:13:13

CjwoofAmerican Psycho production did have a touch of surreal camp about it so he is obviously very much a "method" man. My son is a young actor and it is mostly a world of luvvue dahlings mwahh, mwahh and given he mixes in those circles ......from what I have seen he is shy in RL

Richtea19 Sat 17-Jan-15 17:16:19

Well we survived the cross country, de-mudded ourselves and have spent most of the last few hours prepping for tomorrows large lunch. I could really do with Emu CJ feather Cape to wizz around the house and kitchen to clear up all my mess.

FWK351 Sat 17-Jan-15 17:58:52

We all know how much time actors spend out of work, I think a bespoke boutique cleaning service, available nationwide of course, is a great idea. Happy customers. Steady income during hard times.

Nickel45 Sat 17-Jan-15 18:33:19

Good plan fwk we'd all keep him busy, especially during hard times!

icemistOBE Sat 17-Jan-15 18:52:25

I'm sure BA would never be out of work... if he just showed potential employers the 'whattaman' YouTube video!

FWK351 Sat 17-Jan-15 18:55:35

I haven't seen the 'whattaman' you tube video - is it just called that?

Nickel45 Sat 17-Jan-15 19:05:06

Here you go fwk. Enjoy! youtu.be/y-Z50Tuzh8I

Beingfrank Sat 17-Jan-15 19:15:38

Hello everyone! Checking back in after a few days silence - I have been reading the thread each day although had no time for posting or ff reading. I clearly need to put some bloody effort in with the ff I am seriously behind! I have 9 chapters of Rhubarb's masterpiece to look forward to, for starters.

You are all so funny, I still feel I'm not really worthy as I don't contribute much. It's been a tough week here but keeping up with the thread for relaxation and distraction has been fab. (Nothing serious, first world problems and all that). Long may it continue!

elsie3g Sat 17-Jan-15 19:25:46

OK you lot, brace yourselves, I've been idly googling BA on that there internet and have uncovered a few new pics for you, how you'll feel about them I'm not sure!

Check out the tash on the dance routine once (back row, centre). All from the theatre production of American Psycho.

elsie3g Sat 17-Jan-15 19:26:15

and there's more...

icemistOBE Sat 17-Jan-15 19:29:51

You have been busy elsie!

I have to delete some photos as I've no memory left! How the heck can I make my BA/CJ collection any smaller?

This thread is not accepting new messages.