Talk

Advanced search

Dinner date

(9 Posts)
iwantgin Thu 08-Jan-15 18:37:54

I love this show. I never know when it is going to be on and generally just catch it at random times during the day.

It's on now though.

The guy seems okay, but his cutlery management would put me off a second date.

iklboo Thu 08-Jan-15 18:41:29

I watch the ITVBe+1 at 7pm. My guilty pleasure. No spoilers for tonight please wink

iwantgin Thu 08-Jan-15 18:49:58

Okay smile
I wont tell who the lucky lady is.. ;)

iklboo Thu 08-Jan-15 19:09:13

Not so sure about his hair. No amount of 'product' is disguising the fact it's departing. He seems nice enough though. He's just off for the lamb balti date.

iklboo Thu 08-Jan-15 19:18:26

With you on the cutlery issue!

iklboo Thu 08-Jan-15 20:04:58

Noooooo!

wideboy26 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:43:09

I enjoy the programme too in a guilty pleasure kinda way. I also get some good recipe ideas from it - not always the dishes themselves, but ideas that I can adapt. I'm retired but my wife still works, so I like to prepare special suppers for her to come home to and I do get a certain amount of inspiration. Some of the dates are toe-curlingly embarrassing and few seem to lead to genuine romance and I do sometimes wonder what the point of the programme is, other than to give us the opportunity of laughing at others.

iklboo Thu 08-Jan-15 20:50:02

I did read that one couple eventually got married. Other than that it all seems one or two dates then fizzle out.

iwantgin Thu 08-Jan-15 22:49:35

Yes there are very few that go on to a second date aren't there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now