Talk

Advanced search

Need a new series to watch suggestions please!

(8 Posts)
buddhasbelly Mon 05-Jan-15 22:33:34

I've got a bit on my mind at the moment and was wondering if any mumsnetters could recommend a series to start watching? Have got on demand viewing so if it's something that i'd need to catch up on that's not a problem :-)

Series I enjoy - british murder mystery type things (either present day or period history), sitcom series eg Frasier, british/irish comedies

Thanks for any suggestions :-)

HyperThread Mon 05-Jan-15 22:47:21

Have you seen death in paradise (bbc)? It is great!

buddhasbelly Mon 05-Jan-15 22:50:49

oh no i've not, just had a look on imdb - it sounds right up my street! Thanks hyperthread you've solved my series conundrum in one post! grin

HyperThread Mon 05-Jan-15 22:52:21

smile Glad to be of help.

There's also a new series of father brown on bbc

Clueing4looks Mon 05-Jan-15 22:56:11

BBC's Sherlock is amazing. All 3 series are available on demand or on Netflix (last time I looked)

buddhasbelly Mon 05-Jan-15 22:58:35

Oh haven't watched father brown, that'll be next!

Thanks clueing you know I watched the first 2 series of Sherlock, was always working when the 3rd series was airing and had totally forgotten to watch it!

Ah a good load of tv goodness to watch smile

thenightsky Mon 05-Jan-15 23:10:27

We recorded all six episodes of The Code and watched them all this weekend. Amazingly good. Set in Australia and is along the lines of Edge of Darkness.

alsmutko Tue 06-Jan-15 19:40:38

True Detective!
One of the best things I watched last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now