Talk

Advanced search

Quick Broadchurch question

(12 Posts)
dingit Mon 05-Jan-15 15:10:03

Can I watch the new series, if I didn't see the last one, or will none of it make sense?

dingit Mon 05-Jan-15 15:32:14

Anyone?

flightywoman Mon 05-Jan-15 15:35:16

I think the new series starts where the first one left off, and TBH, if you did watch it a lot of it will be lots you don't already know which might be confusing.

Also, if you were planning on watching the first series then the second one will instantly out the killer so the suspense would be lost and that was a major part of the whole thing, the reveal was gripping and brilliant because there were no spoilers.

Up to you of course, but don't spoil it for yourself if you are planning on catch up!

Clawdy Mon 05-Jan-15 18:55:49

I would say it will be fine to watch it, apparently this series will be completely different, but not if you plan at some stage to watch the first series.

dingit Mon 05-Jan-15 20:21:33

Thanks Clawdy. I will give it a go. I'll never get round to watching the first one.

AnnieLobeseder Mon 05-Jan-15 22:17:58

The new series carries on from the old one. I've just watched the first episode and imo it will make no sense at all unless you've seen the first series.

Clawdy Mon 05-Jan-15 22:55:17

Oh right. That's not what the previous reports said. They obviously don't want to put people off watching!

dingit Tue 06-Jan-15 09:11:04

Ok. Will delete my recording of the series hmm

PurpleFrog Tue 06-Jan-15 10:12:29

Do you have Sky? The 1st Series is available as a Sky Box Set until March sometime. We are recording Series 2 and going to watch Series 1 before it disappears. HTH

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 06-Jan-15 10:14:35

Wikipedia has a synopsis of all the episodes of the first series.

dingit Tue 06-Jan-15 11:05:02

Yes purple, might do that, thanks.

wowfudge Tue 06-Jan-15 20:25:01

I watched it last night having seen none of the first one. I was gripped - I did Google it for a synopsis of series one so I was less, 'who's he, what's she doing, etc'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now