Talk

Advanced search

Does anybody else...

(8 Posts)
Besmonetha Sat 03-Jan-15 05:50:18

gasp dislike films?

It's not that I think all of them are rubbish. I just think that if the film makers got to the fecking point, most films could be just a smidge over 30 minutes instead of a drawn out two hours of drivel about very unbelievable characters who you don't care about.

There I've said it. I drive my partner nuts getting up off the sofa half way through a film because bored, he keeps saying to me that I'm not giving the film a chance. Apparently 40 minutes of waiting isn't enough.

Anybody else? Just me?

PunkrockerGirl Sat 03-Jan-15 06:38:28

YANBU. There's an awful lot of pretentious shite out there.

LillyEvans Sat 03-Jan-15 07:06:15

I completely agree though I make an exception for a few, particularly animated films.

thefemaleJoshLyman Sat 03-Jan-15 07:53:21

I'm exactly the same. Very few films keep my attention throughout and I often use Wikipedia to find the ending blush or find out more. I rarely go to the cinema. DH likes films, fortunately for him as a teacher I work most evenings so he can get his fill when I work.

duvetfan Sat 03-Jan-15 12:40:45

I am the same. I usually end up browsing on my phone as I lose interest easily. I never used to be like this but since having children I have no concentration. blush

Woodenheart Sat 03-Jan-15 12:42:53

YANBU,

Children's films sometimes, are o.k.
Anything else, no way.
But then I haven't got a DVD player, or Sky so only see whats on t.v.

TheReluctantCountess Sat 03-Jan-15 12:44:38

I don't like films. I can't concentrate for that long.

Sparklingbrook Sat 03-Jan-15 13:08:17

I am exactly like that. I give it 15 minutes then if I don't know what's happening or who the people are I am off.

I am have seen the first 15 minutes of hundreds of films. Even the ones everyone has raved about I can't get past the start and I don't care about the middle or the end.

I have never seen a Harry Potter film all the way through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now