Talk

Advanced search

Just how many times can a man watch The Bourne Identity?

(22 Posts)
nevergooglebrandybutter Fri 02-Jan-15 23:27:55

DH loves a repeat and this bloody film is no exception.

AIBU to think that there has to be a limit somewhere?

Fcukfifa Fri 02-Jan-15 23:31:02

I feel your pain, dh watches pirates of the Caribbean (any one of them) whenever they are on, I must have seen them all dozens of time and still don't understand the plot or who's who and never want to!

Lagoonablue Fri 02-Jan-15 23:32:23

I have never seen a Bourne film all the way through in one sitting. Have seen bits at different times. I watched some tonight just to keep the theme going.

nulgirl Fri 02-Jan-15 23:34:24

My dh is the same with Olympus has fallen. Is he expecting the ending to change after the twentieth viewing? He gets narked when I point out that it has the same plot as about a thousand other action films too - Cliffhanger set in the White House.

nevergooglebrandybutter Fri 02-Jan-15 23:35:26

For a bit of variety I only listened to the soundtrack from the next room this evening.

Boff, Bush, Bash, Pow.....

Showy Fri 02-Jan-15 23:36:01

I could watch Bourne all day on repeat. With a brief pause to watch Die Hard.

PhoebeMcPeePee Fri 02-Jan-15 23:37:13

Oh Christ alive I'm with you on this (although it's better than any one of the many many many James Bond films for the millionth time confused)

Davros Sat 03-Jan-15 00:04:02

Ditto showy followed by Takengrin

florentina1 Sat 03-Jan-15 08:24:19

Bourne Identity, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, James Fucking Bond.

nevergooglebrandybutter Sat 03-Jan-15 13:23:36

DH knows just how annoying I find it and has started announcing in the ad breaks, 'you know there are just so many levels to the plot you see something different every time' in a sarcastic manner.

<sigh>

squoosh Sat 03-Jan-15 14:06:46

I love the Bourne trilogy (I ignore that awful non Matt Damon one). And apparently they're making another one. Huzzah Op, huzzah!

squoosh Sat 03-Jan-15 14:09:10

Olympus Has Fallen was awful though. Die Hard without the humour or tension, or dialogue....or plot. Gerard Butler may be the worst movie star of ALL time.

SisterMoonshine Sat 03-Jan-15 14:09:55

So the second one is on tonight. But I can't see the third one anywhere.

I like the Bourne repeats.
DH likes the Oceans Eleven one.
There's always one of them on somewhere.

Showy Sat 03-Jan-15 16:19:09

The third Bourne was on the other day.

Another Bourne you say? Thrice huzzah.

I watched all of the Indiana Jones films over Christmas too. Swap husbands? My dh has to watch romcom crap alone atm.

nevergooglebrandybutter Sat 03-Jan-15 18:06:42

ha, husband swap. ok but he better like pretty woman.

PesoPenguin Sat 03-Jan-15 22:41:03

DH is exactly the same... And also randomly with Coyote Ugly! I've never stayed awake during a full Bourne film so have no idea what the plot is.

Davros Sun 04-Jan-15 01:01:30

Pretty Woman is dire, give me Bourne any day. I wonder if the new one will be Matt Damon and Paul gringras?

Fanjango Sun 04-Jan-15 01:03:23

You lot have it easy! My DP watches the endless reruns of Heartbeat. No you didn't read that wrong. Arrggghh hmm

Fanjango Sun 04-Jan-15 01:07:12

And yes. He watched bloody boune tonight for the umpteenth time shock

squoosh Sun 04-Jan-15 01:09:01

Good Lord!

I'd find it easier to accept that my partner had a fondness for watching snuff movies than...........H...H.....Hea....Heartb.......Heartbeat!

nevergooglebrandybutter Sun 04-Jan-15 08:39:19

hahahahahaha heartbeat!!!!

wow!shock

DustBunnyFarmer Mon 05-Jan-15 00:31:50

I tend to re-watch the Bourne films when they are on, though I've seen them all many times. I'm rather fond of Matt Damon. The non-Matt one wasn't too bad either.

Likewise, the Hunger Games and (against all reason) the Twilight films. I don't even fancy any of the characters in the Twilight ones and the books were dire.

DH is a walking cliche, in that he likes the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future films and will re-watch as & when. I walked out of the cinema once part way through one of the new Star Wars films when I realised it was a bank holiday (not a Sunday) and the shops were still open, so we are not on the same page on this at all.

This is definitely one of those things where a temporary husband swap would be desirable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now