Talk

Advanced search

gilmour girls

(35 Posts)
MsUumellmahaye Mon 29-Dec-14 21:23:30

I am finding this strangely addictive but are the people in it the most unlikeable bunch ever or is it me?? The mum lorelie is just horrendous.

Blanketontheground Mon 29-Dec-14 21:24:33

I loved it! I can watch it over and over.

MsUumellmahaye Mon 29-Dec-14 21:26:30

I do like it that is the strange thing grin

tinklykeys Mon 29-Dec-14 21:27:25

What series are you watching as it varies....love the early stuff!!

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 29-Dec-14 21:27:48

I am watching it for the first time with DS1 and we are totally addicted! It is the perfect comfort viewing after what has been a quite traumatic year.

We are currently at the beginning of Season 2. Lorelei is funny but a bit annoying in her immaturity. She could do with growing up a bit.

Ems1812 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:30:03

I also love the Gilmore Girls! Only character I couldn't stand was Logan, such a creep!

MsUumellmahaye Mon 29-Dec-14 21:30:56

I'm quite far on now rory just starting college. The mum just gives me the rage grin

MsUumellmahaye Mon 29-Dec-14 21:33:35

I do love luke though smile

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 29-Dec-14 21:39:51

The population of Stars Hollow seems to increase and decrease in size dramatically. Perhaps it depends on how many extras are available.

TheFirstOfHerName Mon 29-Dec-14 21:40:43

As DS1 pointed out, the ratio of shops/cafés to people seems to be nearly 1:1.

Andcake Mon 29-Dec-14 21:42:00

Perfect comfort tv - sickly slightly twee but also engaging. Snuggle up and enjoy. I think I've watched the whole thing twice blush

MissPricklePants Mon 29-Dec-14 21:42:45

I love it!! I am so sad that there are only 7 seasons!

RedButtonhole Mon 29-Dec-14 21:45:02

I love Gilmore Girls. It's what I watch when I don't feel like concentrating too hard, comforting viewing smile

I like Luke, Loreli is a pain sometimes.

Realised the other day the actress who plays Emily was Baby's mum in Dirty Dancing.

GiggleJuice Mon 29-Dec-14 21:50:56

I've never been keen on Lorelai. I think she's meant to be cute and funny but it just doesn't come off for me. How she manages to pull all those gorgeous men I don't know: do they wear ear plugs?!?

Red did you recognise Richard he was the Head Vampire in The Lost Boys <mind blown.>

MsUumellmahaye Mon 29-Dec-14 22:13:49

Richard was also the rich bloke in overboard the goldie hawn movie.

Ohwhatfuckeryitistoride Mon 29-Dec-14 22:19:42

Dd bloody loves GG. (So does Dh,but that's a secret. grin ) she got another 2 series for chrimbo. Stars hollow is just so implausibly perfect.

Loobylou3 Mon 29-Dec-14 22:21:25

I watched this nearly every day when I was on maternity leave (5yrs ago!) think it was on E4 then. Was devastated when got to the end! blush

OutDamnSpot Mon 29-Dec-14 22:27:45

I have never quite seen it all, despite taking 3 maternity leaves to free up my daytime for tbc watching. Still not sure of when it starts - is it when Rory joins the posh school?

Nor do I know how it ends although would guess with Lorelei and Luke together, even if she was witj Rory's dad when I last saw it...

Loobylou3 Mon 29-Dec-14 22:30:08

OutDamnSpot I won't spoil it but I felt sad and emotionally drained, like they had been in my real life and were no longer! Saddo that I am!

MissPricklePants Tue 30-Dec-14 00:03:50

I also watched on maternity leave back in 09! And I have finished watching the entire 7 seasons on Netflix recently....I am so sad it is over!

RumbaRumba Tue 30-Dec-14 00:08:40

Is it only on the U.S. Netflix?

MrsGSR Tue 30-Dec-14 00:11:33

I love Gilmore Girls. I am not ashamed (although I possibly should be!) to admit that I've watched all 7 seasons multiple times..

OutDamnSpot The first episode is the episode before Rory starts Chilton, when she finds out she's got in and Loralai has to find the money.

I love Loralai, but she is arrogant and self obsessed. I think you are meant to see her flaws. It's one of the things I like, that she's not some impossibly perfect person, just an ordinary one.

MrsGSR Tue 30-Dec-14 00:12:27

Rumba I think so sad although it is on Amazon streaming thing, but you have to pay about £15 per season. It's cheaper to get the DVDs.

RedButtonhole Tue 30-Dec-14 00:13:10

I first watched it about 8 or 9 years ago, my high school boyfriends mum was addicted to it.

I think I've seen them all about 3 times, though never in the right order.

Giggle I didn't recognise Richard as I haven't seen lost boys but just remembered the guy who plays Rory's first boyfriend (Dean?) is in Supernatural now I think.

MissPricklePants Tue 30-Dec-14 00:14:06

It is but if you use a chrome extension (I use Hola) then you can log in on US Netflix and watch the Gilmore Girls!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now