Talk

Advanced search

The British Comedy Awards

(7 Posts)
skillsandtea Wed 17-Dec-14 22:00:49

I'm flicking channels and keep catching bits of the Comedy Awards and it's making me cringe. The comedians all seem to be trying too hard to be funny but just come across as awkward or rude. Definitely not funny! And what's with the stage? There doesn't seem to be steps up so women in dresses going up to collect their awards are being pulled up to get on the stage! What is going on?

jaynebxl Wed 17-Dec-14 22:37:19

Jonathan Ross is presenting. So that's me not watching.

ArgyMargy Wed 17-Dec-14 22:38:02

Watched a few minutes. Very lame.

Rivercam Wed 17-Dec-14 23:02:53

Only caught the last 15 minutes or so. Jonathen Ross if I shed it with Happy Holidays. Happy Holidays! Sorry, I thought it was the British comedy awards, not American awards!

Rivercam Wed 17-Dec-14 23:03:26

If I shed?! Finished

Trenzalore Thu 18-Dec-14 17:18:18

Why wasn't 'Not going out' nominated?

Why did Harry enfild seem to be winning everything?

quite predictable with monty Python.

At leastw asnt as bad as last years with paul Whitehouse, Johnyy vegas and Jack Whitehall and his annoying dad taking over the evening.

is joey Essex REALLY that thick?

why did Ashley Roberts bother wearing anything?

Why didn't the fab horrible histories win???? sad

KingJoffreysHasABigWhiteBeard Fri 19-Dec-14 15:31:00

I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better.

Unfunny and cringey.

The people making the longest, most gushing speeches Ashling Bea were the ones who've only really been on panel shows as guests.

Anyone who was well known just didn't turn up.

Harry Enfield was odd. Didn't know he'd done anything in the last 18 years. What have I missed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now