Feel free to join in as we discuss all things Our Girl related

Honorary Members of The CJ Collective:
Ben Aldridge
Tony Grounds
Lacey Turner

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 18:24:49

Hi everyone 'waves'

galaxy99 Tue 16-Dec-14 18:32:04

icemist above and beyond in the IT department again.

lloveblue I'm sure the venison will be just like CJ - hot, tender and tasty!

I'm going to try to get some wrapping done tonight, DH is away so I wonder what I can watch?

pixie ditto to what everyone has said about you fanfiction , can't wait to read your next piece. SPOfficer loved your latest chapter, I'm sure there is a thing on the BBC website for writers to submit things, you definitely should

elsie3g Tue 16-Dec-14 18:38:26

Reporting in for duty...thanks for reinstating us icemist

Richtea19 Tue 16-Dec-14 18:43:32

Well done icemist I had a panic moment that this was all a dream and I couldn't find you!!!! Great pictures.

ilove I love the sounds of venison, very festive and topical! Let us know how it goes and any possible OG conversations.

Nickel45 Tue 16-Dec-14 18:53:19

Phew!
sorry icemist, I messaged you, but you can ignore it now!

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 18:59:02

I put the 3 photos on as they are some of the favourite ones. And I do love the one of Molly and CJ

pixieg1rl Tue 16-Dec-14 19:01:26

Hello people!

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 19:06:04

hey everyone, glad you all found us so far

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 19:08:14

just found this on fan fic https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10890142/1/Bad-King-Antoine you need to set your filters to 'M' to read it

Richtea19 Tue 16-Dec-14 19:16:07

Blimey Icemist, I'm cooking dinner and blushing! I will save chap 2 for later in my own. Just trying to picture BA as Antoine.... Ekkkkk

cherin Tue 16-Dec-14 19:19:12

Gotcha! I am here, too
Hope all the wrapping up and hostessing goes well tonight
I am collecting what I HOPE are going to be the last presents (and I left out the little kids! But for them grannies do more than enough, we would not be able to fit more on Ryanair luggage ;-)

The previous thread was clogged up unexpectedly...ilikeit5 don't worry, you're more than welcome. I absolutely adore that there are still more of us creeping up coming out ;-) and I agree with you that it doesn't matter which age (or sex) you are, the series had such a compelling storyline and characters that would appeal to many sensible/sensitive souls. (Probably more sensitive than sensible, if we're here!!)

Ilovelblue Tue 16-Dec-14 19:57:59

Oooh, what happened there! Managed to find you all again anyway. Hiding in the kitchen, supposedly checking on the food but wanted a quick look on here whilst they're all getting warm (it's pouring with rain here). I just happened to have the restaurant scene on when three of them arrived. They commented it looked a nice place (didn't Molly say that as well!!) and then seemed to get quite taken with our CJ. None of them had watched it though beforehand and nobody has asked if they can borrow the DVD. Wouldn't let them anyway - it's all MINE. One of them has just come back from a work trip to Sweden and brought me a toy reindeer. There's no way she can know about our stag theme but it did make me laugh.

Great that you've broken cover and joined us ilikeit5. The more the merrier!

About to serve my venison.

Wonder what sort of pudding CJ would choose? Do you think he would be a creamy, elegant dessert man or do you reckon he'd be more of a treacle sponge and custard man? Or would he be more into cheese and biscuits?

Best get back to my guests.

galaxy99 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:02:31

Welcome ilikeit5
Bloody hell icemistOBE that fanfic is quite a find!! Number of presents wrapped 0, number of smutty fanfic chapters read 2 fgrin

pixieg1rl Tue 16-Dec-14 20:11:22

I like how the bad king adopts the full SHAAtt position in the bath....

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 20:16:03

I know grin
The lady who wrote it is one of the nutty fb/Twitter lot buts she's nice

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 21:03:45

ooh Military Wives choir on BBC2 now. So much respect for them all

moojangles Tue 16-Dec-14 21:25:15

Decided to finally break cover. DH very recently gone on tour, so moping about a bit today. Am sure CJ can keep me occupied and fanfic too!!

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 21:27:50

Hi moojangles welcome to the madness.

Have you been reading our other threads?

Ilovelblue Tue 16-Dec-14 21:34:08

Well, the venison went down a treat. I think it was the fact most of a bottle of red wine went into it than anything else.

Now for pudding. It's a bit like apple crumble but made with breadcrumbs and vegetarian suet or for anyone who is too full, there's toffee ice cream with sticky toffee sauce.

Another newcomer! Hi moojangles. "On tour"?? I guess that means you can be our military subject matter expert? We had one of those before but she fell by the wayside (or got fed up of us).

moojangles Tue 16-Dec-14 21:34:51

Stalking you from a distance for quite a while.
Can confirm that the low slung wearing of combats ( greens in this house) is a look that is popular with the long limbed slender hipped type of male. Just don't get caught staring

elsie3g Tue 16-Dec-14 21:35:15

I'd be watching Military Wives but other half has persuaded me to watch Homeland. However from my time on MN I'm never going to be able to watch one of these pseudo OTT dramas and all their military jargon without expecting a zombie to jump out from behind a unsuspecting 'red shirt' at any given moment.

In vain, I have just tried to explain to my DP how good SPO's zombie fiction is and how is plays on the conventions of this homogenised tv drama rubbish...he's not impressed with my findings...fmuppet even if i do say so myself! He was quite rude about MNters so I don't mind saying he's a muppet on our collective behalf!

elsie3g Tue 16-Dec-14 21:37:27

hi moojangles liking the name :-)

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 21:39:38

well that sounds like the proper research was done for OG grin

icemistOBE Tue 16-Dec-14 21:41:44

i'm luck in that hubby playing game on his tablet, so I can watch what I want. I only discovered it was on when flicking through to see what was on. I've had tears already

This thread is not accepting new messages.