Talk

Advanced search

help me identify this horror on TV / Similar to 'Remember me' years ago.

(25 Posts)
freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 13:04:22

I have often thought about images of a horror I watched years and years ago - I think on the BBC1 or 2 - and after watching 'remember me' it makes me remember it more. Do you know what it was?

All I can remember with real certainty is the water theme...and I have a memory of a soldier man (i think) lying on a bed and water just rising up next to him - like the sea. I think he was in an army uniform from WW2 or 1. I'm sure there was a watch in it that was important. That's all I can remember - other than it was scary as HELL. I imagine him in like a b&b room and he's lying on one side of a double bed and you realise sea water is in the room getting higher...and higher....
I feel like it was a part of a series of horror shorts almost.

Anyone seen it? Know of it? I would love to see it again!

Idontseeanysontarans Tue 02-Dec-14 14:51:51

I remember something like this, I think it was a part of a serial as well.
He had spent the night with a woman, woke up with water rising up and over the bed and I think he started throwing up water. He was wearing a ring on one hand and had gone the following morning. The woman left and saw a dead pilot being pulled out of the sea wearing the exact ring that the man was wearing.
Can't remember how long ago it was but I'm sure it was a series of ghost stories.

PuppyMonkey Tue 02-Dec-14 14:55:18

Whistle and I'll come to you?

PuppyMonkey Tue 02-Dec-14 14:56:51

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUQzd-7dn4

freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 18:03:49

It wasn't black and white...

freshlysharpenedpencils Tue 02-Dec-14 18:04:43

and it wasn't that old - i think I watched it when I was a teen - and I'm 32 now.

WowOoo Tue 02-Dec-14 19:08:22

I know what you mean but cannot remember what is was either. I need to know now. I'll ask Dh when he gets in.

WowOoo Tue 02-Dec-14 19:13:23

It wasn't Birdsong, was it? With Eddie Redmayne (?)
I'm sure I know what it is...

Bifauxnen Tue 02-Dec-14 19:49:53

Could it have been an Outer Limits or Tales from the Crypt episode?

Biscuitsneeded Tue 02-Dec-14 22:20:29

There was a drama about Rabies on when i was a kid. At one point a male character developed symptoms and had hydrophobia. The glass of water next to his bed seemed like it was going to drown him. They also had images of dogs and people foaming at the mouth. The entire thing scared me witless. Would have been early 80's I think. Could that be it?

twofalls Tue 02-Dec-14 22:43:37

I remember the rabies show - awful.

Are you sure it wasn't birdsong?

PuppyMonkey Wed 03-Dec-14 08:48:03

Birdsong was only on telly about three years ago - op says "when she was a teen" confused

freshlysharpenedpencils Wed 03-Dec-14 08:57:46

I might be wrong - but I'm sure it was longer ago than 3 years.... It def wasn't outer limits or x files. Loved those! I watched it with my parents which is why i feel it must have been on the BBC... I'll look up birdsong and have a look...

Idontseeanysontarans Wed 03-Dec-14 09:30:00

This is bugging me now, I can see the guys face and his uniform - it was WW2, I'm sure of it. It was a fairly famous actor I think, definitely not as good looking as Eddie Redmayne.

JaceyBee Fri 05-Dec-14 21:50:13

It was whistle and I'll come to you surely?

PhaedraIsMyName Sat 06-Dec-14 11:59:38

That is nothing like the story of Whistle and I'll Come to You. The latter involves a much older man and was played by Michael Hordern. He finds a whistle and it brings something very nasty to his hotel room. Whistle and I'll Come to You doesn't feature the sea or water except possibly walking along sand dunes.

PhaedraIsMyName Sat 06-Dec-14 12:05:23

I'm not sure if it has a sea theme but could yours be The Haunted Airman with Robert Pattinson from the BBC in 2006?

diddl Mon 08-Dec-14 18:00:51

Whistle & I'll come to you was redone in 2010 with John Hurt.

I thought that Birdsong was a lovestory!

PhaedraIsMyName Mon 08-Dec-14 18:21:56

It's still nothing like the story described here.

Davros Mon 08-Dec-14 20:01:36

Bound to be M R James?

LiDLrichardsPistachioSack Mon 08-Dec-14 20:07:29

I have no idea what it is, (hope someone knows it, it sounds good!)
I just wanted to say that Whistle and I'll come to You scared the absolute living shit out of me. I couldn't get up for a wee in the night for weeks.

Davros Mon 08-Dec-14 22:07:12

I've got "Whistle and I'll Come to You" on DVD, getting it out for xmas. Also love the old film "Night of the Demon"

TheBogQueen Mon 08-Dec-14 22:10:41

DP and were fucking terrified at Whistle and I'll come to You

Silkchiffon Mon 08-Dec-14 22:13:59

'A warning to the curious' from the same series as 'whistle' is even more scary...

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 08-Dec-14 22:28:30

Is this the Robert Pattinson thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now