Advanced search

Grey's Anatomy...why have I never! NO Spoilers please!

(41 Posts)
JorgiePorgie Fri 28-Nov-14 09:31:07

I'm aware it's now on season 11 but why have I never watched it before? It's so addictive. Bored last week I decided to give it a try and am already more than half way through season 2.

Meredith definitely has decent taste...McDreamy grin

Pinkwillow Fri 28-Nov-14 09:37:28

It's very watchable,isn't it? I don't think the title, 'Greys Anatomy', grabs your attention smile

JorgiePorgie Fri 28-Nov-14 14:52:07

It's all I've watched at night for the past week. I've read somewhere that Private Practice is a spin off of Grey's that follows Addison's story. Anyone know if PP is also any good?

BlueKarou Fri 28-Nov-14 14:55:49

PP is good, it's got a different dynamic to Grey's - slightly lower on the drama level (although there's definitely still drama there!) I would watch all of Grey's first, then give PP a try.

JorgiePorgie Fri 28-Nov-14 15:05:48

Thanks Blue! Will definitely put it on my to watch list after Grey's smile.

cookielove Fri 28-Nov-14 15:12:16

Greys is brilliant, and Pp is good! But greys is better!

HairyPotter Fri 28-Nov-14 15:21:19

Oh I could have written this very post. I've just finished season 2 today after promising myself I would watch one episode then do my ironing. It ended up being three because it was soooo good. I'm actually that cross I can't go back and watch it for the first time again.

It's just brilliant. I love every single character, there's not a duff one to be had. <sighs happily>

SecretSquirrels Fri 28-Nov-14 15:54:38

Oh the joy of just starting to watch smile.
So many great episodes and season finales. Story lines and incidents that go down in GA history and are still referred to years later by the characters.

I discovered this in February. DS1 and I watched all 10 seasons together in 4 months. Saving season 11 until he gets home from Uni.
Private Practice pops up at some point in Greys, there is a whole episode about it but I don't think it's being shown on any channel at the moment.

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Sun 30-Nov-14 17:44:50

I fancy something new and may as well give it a go (last year I was in the U.S. and in a spa where they played an episode whilst I waited for my treatment, I remember being disappointed they called me in cod it got good!). Is it on Netflix or Sky box sets??

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 17:49:23

Welcome grin

JorgiePorgie Tue 02-Dec-14 11:56:34

Give it a go Chippy, honestly you won't be disappointed. I'm now on S3 smile I can't get enough of it. Actually I think I'll sneak off now and watch an episode before the kids come home from school.

JorgiePorgie Tue 02-Dec-14 13:18:53

Chippy: I just had a look and it is available on sky boxsets too smile

StillaChocoholic Tue 02-Dec-14 13:32:22

I'm on season 9. It's so good the highlight of my day is when DS naps so I can watch some more. I'm watching it on now tv

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 02-Dec-14 13:42:16

I have just started watching this too! on Amazon

TheFirstOfHerName Tue 02-Dec-14 21:17:39

I think PP is a bit more grown-up than GA. The main characters are a bit further on in their lives and careers. There are a few cross-over episodes, but unless you watch them when broadcast in the US, it's often tricky to match up the timings.

Figster Tue 02-Dec-14 21:21:56

I loved GA watched it from start is say there's a definite dip around series 9 I still watch it but feel it's more out of loyalty than continued love.

Still am besotted with Denny sad

Never was a fan of pp I watched first couple seasons but when sky dropped it wasn't interested enough to find it elsewhere

IsChippyMintonExDirectory Fri 05-Dec-14 17:53:20

Ok so I've started watching and I'm on episode 3 of series 1 (sadly a demanding non-sleeping toddler and housework take precedent so I'm on a slow burner sad ) and I'm really enjoying it! What a sexually harassing twunt that Alex is!

AnimalsAreMyFriends Fri 05-Dec-14 17:59:02

Ohhhhhh this is a great thread!!!

I have just started from Series 1 (for the 3rd time!) I love the characters and the wildly extreme plot lines.

I had the day off work today and watched 7 episodes back to back blush In my defence I have a broken ankle and can't do an awful lot apart from internet shopping and watching tv!!!

I love the dynamics between Yang & Burke in the early series, and Alex seriously grows on you!

I wish George was my doctor - he's just so sweet! grin

ohdearitshappeningtome Fri 05-Dec-14 19:10:28

Alex gets better as the seasons get along :-)

jollyjester Fri 05-Dec-14 21:56:36

I think I have watched it all about 3 times blush ten seasons! I need a life!

No spoilers but if you thought Denny was sad oh my gosh there is so many more great episodes like that!

Dee03 Fri 05-Dec-14 23:14:45

I only got into this a few weeks ago but now it's all I watch...I'm halfway through series 4...
It's so addictive.....I'm loving many memorable episodes

OddBoots Fri 05-Dec-14 23:18:29

I've just started watching S1 again. It's good but odd watching knowing the stuff that's to come - the characters that come with a twinge of sadness.

StillaChocoholic Tue 09-Dec-14 07:14:21

I finished season 9 yesterday and can't wait to watch season 10!

redexpat Wed 10-Dec-14 10:26:07

I think it dips around season 5 but picks up again after that. Am halfway through s9 on netflix.

SpanishFly Wed 10-Dec-14 11:22:28

I am SO JEALOUS of you guys who have just started watching! I would have loved to watch all of the first 10 series back to back. Some amazing episodes to come for you all, and some proper stinkers where you wonder what the hell the writers were thinking!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now