Talk

Advanced search

Master Chef Professionals. Part II.We all live for Thursdays. A main of Marcus with a side of Jay.

(564 Posts)
Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Thu 27-Nov-14 21:10:23

And not a Gregg's sausage roll to be seen.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Tue 02-Dec-14 20:39:18

Anyone watching tonight?

Jaffakake Tue 02-Dec-14 20:42:23

I am. It's doing my head in though - I'm convinced I've seen that Luciana on TV somewhere before. Is it just me?

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Tue 02-Dec-14 20:45:00

Last weeks MC? fgrin
Where is everyone?

Igneococcus Tue 02-Dec-14 20:50:23

Like Catherine's pudding

Igneococcus Tue 02-Dec-14 20:51:48

My Azorian friend used to cook baccalau for me. I love it.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Tue 02-Dec-14 20:56:07

Good bunch tonight. Brain bleach for thought of Greggs in shorts.

MsJupiter Tue 02-Dec-14 20:56:36

I'm sure Greg has said before that he doesn't like goats cheese. Seems a bit unfair to judge someone badly because of your personal taste.

macnab Tue 02-Dec-14 22:13:06

jaffakake she looks ridiculously like the bird that Colin Firth fancied in Love Actually, maybe thats why you think you've seen her on telly before?

I was looking forward to reading all the witty banter from tonight's cook-off...where is everyone?! <not to say present posters aren't witty, just not abundant!>

I am so glad Marcus got a haircut, it was starting to annoy me! And I love how he manages to stay so sweet looking whilst telling them they are shit. He doesn't pull any punches does he?!

CalamitouslyWrong Tue 02-Dec-14 22:27:04

I would have watched, but I had to finish something I need for work tomorrow (at 9am). Glad I missed greg's legs though.

Jaffakake Tue 02-Dec-14 22:29:21

Mac nab, that's it! Thank you!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Wed 03-Dec-14 07:38:02

We didn't actually see Gregg's legs, Calam, but as shorts were mentioned a hideous mental image was unavoidable.

I'm sorry about Katherine but I agree with her that she might have reached her peak. I had thought Ben might win, so am now revising that opinion! I had thought all the way that Ollie was lucky to have got this far and I still think he will probably not make it to the final three. Yes, Luciana really does look like that Love Actually woman! Must be a Portuguese thing (via Brazil for L, obviously).

So pleased that both the Scots are through, but sorry to see that Jamie and Richard are head to head tonight as I want them both to proceed. Hmm.

macnab Wed 03-Dec-14 09:33:34

I wonder how they pair them up at this stage, is it really random? I often get the feeling that its been done strategically and if the pairings were different then people might have a far better chance of getting through.

Don't think I've seen the 2* Chef who's restaurant is on tonight, a french lady by the sounds of it. Remember when they used to go Marcus' restaurant! DH & I would be feeling so sorry for whoever got to go there because Marcus seemed like such a grumpy fecker. He's a totally different character now that he's in the driving seat!

mazylou Wed 03-Dec-14 11:22:52

Rather a spectacular cook. I was sorry to see Katherine go, I think she'd peaked, though.

www.the-connaught.co.uk/mayfair-restaurants/helene-darroze/

macnab Wed 03-Dec-14 16:54:13

Wow. Thanks for the link mazylou a meal there is definitely now on my bucket list when I win the lotto

Looking forward to tonight's show now smile

GrouchyKiwi Wed 03-Dec-14 17:12:52

I love when they basically ignore Gregg.

mazylou Wed 03-Dec-14 17:26:40

Mine too, macnab, mine too. Better start doing the lotto, hadn't we?

I agree about Gregg, he just isn't in the same league as M&M. They don't want to please Gregg so much as Marcus or Monica.

CalamitouslyWrong Wed 03-Dec-14 19:57:06

Evening all. I'm watching cute tigers in preparation for masterchef.

Evening. Sorry to have missed last night's events.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 03-Dec-14 20:05:06

Oh hello. Was getting paranoid that there was somewhere else for MC fans. Yeah I reckon I could force some of her food down.
Oh it's the Iceman.

Hughmungus scallop there!

CalamitouslyWrong Wed 03-Dec-14 20:06:55

That is a big scallop.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 03-Dec-14 20:07:13

Oh good tip about the paper in the pan so spices don't burn.

CalamitouslyWrong Wed 03-Dec-14 20:08:26

It looks delicious. I agree about the good tip.

CalamitouslyWrong Wed 03-Dec-14 20:09:45

Duck fat. The south of France way. grin

Strawberries and beetroot is a very red combo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now