Talk

Advanced search

Strictly - why maintain the fiction of the Sunday night results show?

(14 Posts)
MEgirl Sun 23-Nov-14 19:29:15

Everyone knows that it is recorded on Saturday evening.

Same conversation to be had every week.

CocktailQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 19:31:46

Yeah, but did you notice Len slipped up last night and said something about the results show 'later on tonight'? It is bizarre.

Panzee Sun 23-Nov-14 19:34:25

On Digital Spy there is always someone who goes to the live show and they have a spoiler thread with live updates. grin
Apparently Simon Cowell would only agree to a Sunday results show for the X Factor if it was live.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sun 23-Nov-14 19:37:34

How funny just had this exact conversation with dh find it very weird! Also why do they read out half of the results early in the show and leave the rest until later? I find it all a bit bizaar tbh.

Sparklingbrook Sun 23-Nov-14 19:37:36

It is bonkers. Just do it all in one show.

RudeBarbandCustard Sun 23-Nov-14 20:04:22

It's odd isn't it, I'm always waiting for them to slip up on the Sunday and say "tonight" instead of "last night"... it's just something else for them to have to think about which is completely unnecessary.

MEgirl Sun 23-Nov-14 21:20:06

They did slip up on one of the trailers. On the show with the cowboy dance the trailer before the Saturday show showed the pro dancers in the background wearing the cowboy costumes. Made me wonder whether the dance had been recorded prior to the competition dances. Also makes me wonder whether the live show is actually live.

Mrsjayy Mon 24-Nov-14 13:11:57

The show dances are done before sometimes I hate they preten it is live the sunday show is daft but it is to do with X factor having 2 shows now

MEgirl Mon 24-Nov-14 13:49:44

So it's a ratings war?

PlumBear Mon 24-Nov-14 13:51:12

I was at the live show a few weeks ago. Tess Daly was interviewing Alison Hammond's mum who slipped up and said how good the performances had been that night. It was being recorded for the Sunday night show, so they had to re-record the interview.

It does seem a bit silly.

Catsmamma Mon 24-Nov-14 13:53:45

we cheer loudly if someone cocks it up with an "earlier this evening" or gets in a muddle with today/tomorrow

grin

PandaNot Mon 24-Nov-14 14:03:22

I went to the recording of the first show this series when someone was eliminated. The show dances and the guest singers are recorded before the main show. The live show is definitely live (and a bit nerve wracking, even for the audience!) then they have a break for about 45 minutes before they record the results show. They re-recorded anything which referred to 'yesterday's show' and made them say 'Saturday's show'

NoelleHawthorne Mon 24-Nov-14 14:04:45

after all that stuff about people lying with competitions on the radio and tv you would think they would need to be honest

PandaNot Mon 24-Nov-14 14:27:11

I think that's why they make a big deal of saying Saturday's show instead of yesterday's show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now