Talk

Advanced search

Lewis (and a moan about ITV Player)

(14 Posts)
Whippet81 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:31:31

Can anyone please tell me what happened in the last episode of Lewis? ITV Player will only play it to the part where Lewis and Laura are in (Emma's?) hospital room at the beginning after she has been hit with the hammer. It then returns to the beginning.

I am having to catch up on everything during the day due to having a 5 week old as I have a sleep early evening when DP looks after him.

Anyone else hate ITV Player? I know I should be grateful such things exist but honestly - all the adverts and if you accidentally click out of something you then have to go through them all again, you can't fast forward anything as again you have to sit through a bazillion ads so god forbid something happens and you can't watch it all the way through. Also often crashes for me - I know others have the same problem.

iPlayer - never a problem.

I feel better now I've had my rant thanks - please tell me what happened in Lewis.

SavoyCabbage Thu 20-Nov-14 07:42:30

Itv player is completely hopeless and unusable. I've stopped using it altogether now.

Have you tried looking on YouTube for the episode?

MrsHerculePoirot Thu 20-Nov-14 07:46:25

Series record is your friend, I record all of them and then just watch and fast forward the ads as ITV player is rubbish.

Is the episode you are talking about the second one of the hammer one? Do you want to know who dunnit?

Whippet81 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:46:40

Ooh no I haven't - I never thought of that.

PollyannaWhittier Thu 20-Nov-14 07:47:49

Her name is Lizzie, not Emma :0)

The murderer of the first three was the man who was in prison, then the more recent ones was the youngish woman who was visiting him. She lied when she said she met him after he was imprisoned, she was actually his girlfriend and helped him with the original killings. After she got his appeal and he came out of prison he rejected her so she murdered people to try to impress him. He still rejected her so she killed him too. Lizzie woke up and is going to be fine. The male academic who had visited the prisoner was the boyfriend of one of the original victims. The prison guard had been supplying the murderer man with a phone and covering up for him in other ways in return for anabolic steroids. I can't remember anything else of the top of my head !

Whippet81 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:48:01

I haven't got any recording type ability unfortunately - we just have the PS3 with all of the players connected sad

I do I do want to know what happened l!

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Thu 20-Nov-14 07:49:17

I rarely watch itv but wanted to catch up with grantchester. Was surprised to find it no longer available through my freeview catchup thing do had to do it on the iPad where I had to create an account. Then when I tried to log in the next week my recently created account didn't exist!

My opinion is that itv player is shite smile

Whippet81 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:50:48

Thank-you!

I suspected the prison guard was up to no good but that was as far as I got.

Yes Lizzie that's it - convenient she's the only one she didn't manage to kill instantly (rolls eyes).

Thank-you I will still try to get it so I can see James swoons

Whippet81 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:52:36

Grantchester involved further stress. I'm almost glad everything has come to an end - I don't watch a lot on ITV fortunately.

HappyHippyChick Thu 20-Nov-14 07:53:56

Ah yes, but she nearly didn't make it. Because Lewis dashed to rescue her he found her before she bled out! of course

ResIpsaLoquitur Sat 22-Nov-14 18:19:39

I've just finished watching it on ITV Player, so it's working now. Nice little allusion to Morse right at the end there.

omri Sun 23-Nov-14 01:41:21

Just to add to the moaning... Why oh why did they have to split the episodes into 2 separate halves?! So annoying!
There was none on Friday night- was the previous week the end of the series?

Oblique27 Tue 25-Nov-14 18:18:58

Yes series over now and someone was certainly trying to end it ratings wise by the scheduling and splitting the episodes :-(

MrsHerculePoirot Wed 26-Nov-14 13:59:33

Yes splitting it was a Rubbish idea. I recorded them and then watched a whole one (two episodes) together (with no ads). Do you think they might make 'Hathaway' next and leave Lewis out of it....?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now