Talk

Advanced search

Hurry them ALL up Jeremy FFS.

(7 Posts)
KurriKurri Mon 17-Nov-14 22:34:48

Because I'm fed up of having to shout 'cheats' at the screen when University Challenge is on.

Why are some teams allowed to mutter on for hours and mull over their answer endlessly when it is clear they haven't got a clue what the answer is, and are never going to come up with anything sensible, then eventually admit they don't know.

Whereas with other teams the question is barely out of Jeremy's mouth before he is barking 'come on, come on' at them.

Why is time wasting only clamped down on towards the end of the programme? The amount of time some teams Durham are allowed to witter on could mean the difference betwen winning and losing. I know it's just kids with posh surnames showing off, but the inconsistancy really irritates the hell out of me.

Theas18 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:50:40

Yup!

Some people (DH!) aer souting the correct answer at the TV like they can hear it as well. It's VERY annoying!

Seeline Tue 18-Nov-14 09:15:14

I agree - he obviously has his favourites. Sometimes he is so rude when someone gets a question wrong. And sometimes he seems so surprised when someone gets a question right he is really patronising. And I hate the hours some teams are allowed to discuss answers - gets really boring.

Silkchiffon Tue 18-Nov-14 16:10:46

I assume it's editing - I'm sure they have to be scrupulously fair about the amount of discussion time.

Paxman being a bit rude is really the point of having Paxman isn't it?

KurriKurri Tue 18-Nov-14 16:20:01

Oh yes Silk -I have no problem with Paxo being rude (the more sneeriness and grumpiness the better IMO), just want him to be consistently rude grin

Silkchiffon Tue 18-Nov-14 17:01:49

Ah but that would take the element of surprise out of his attack Kurri - if he's a bit nice sometimes then his rudeness will have more impact!

KurriKurri Tue 18-Nov-14 17:15:14

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now