icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 19:05:59

Feel free to join in as we discuss all things Our Girl related

Honorary Members:
Ben Aldridge
Tony Grounds

pixieg1rl Fri 14-Nov-14 19:12:37

<makes stag horns with hands>

ihearttc Fri 14-Nov-14 19:36:14

Ohhh just caught up in time for a new thread...what have I missed??

Richtea19 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:37:57

Yippee !!!

icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 19:40:32

Evening, hope you all found us smile

Watching CIN, hoping for an Our Girl contribution, but highly doubt it

SPOfficer Fri 14-Nov-14 19:45:05

Just thinking that icemist think they would blow there target amount just from contributions from this thread if they announced a BA/LT duet later on re show!

Ilovelblue Fri 14-Nov-14 19:46:16

Hurray, found you quickly enough!

Am looking after my five year old nephew tomorrow and have decided to take him to look at an army tank which is on display nearby. It may keep him happy and stop asking for CBeebies! Then it's lots of baking and playing in the park. No prizes for guessing where my imagination will be when we are viewing the tank!

Cherin - you must do some more sketches, you are ace!!

icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 19:56:25

love that photo smile

need to go back and check out the sketch from today.

SPOfficer Fri 14-Nov-14 20:12:07

Been working on a bit of an idea over the last few days which I wanted to share. Started really with elsie3g thoughtful post the other day about the characters OG mirroring each other. Struck me that we are very much mirroring or mimicking the characters on this thread through the use of certain phrases or behaviours.

Turns out there is a scientific name for these ideas, behaviours, phrases or styles which spread from person to person in a cultural group. They are called memes and comes from the Greek for 'imitated thing'.

Good examples of these from the thread are words and phrases such as 'cockwomble', 'wait out' , 'stay focused, stay alert, stay alive' and 'might gonna need....'. Behaviours include exercising, wearing certain items of clothing such as combat trousers, lumberjack shirts and big gloves.

The really interesting thing about these memes is that they have been likened to genes in as much as they can spread through a population, self replicating if they are popular. They can also, like genes, mutate or evolve. Examples here I think include 'might gonna need' which has been adapted to be used in all sorts of circumstances outside of its original use and 'decompression' which has mutated into 'recompression' to denote a lapse back into OG obsession.

However I think the most interesting might be the term 'stag' which was originally used to denote male only but now has metamorphosed into a visual metaphor for CJ.

Anyway sorry for the ramble and as always feel free to ignore or comment as you see fit!

Rhubarb01 Fri 14-Nov-14 20:41:03

Interesting SPO. Its also curious that the first mention of Stag on this thread followed from the image someone had of poor BA potentially looking like a deer caught in the headlights at the Carol concert. In that sense it was an image to be pitied but has now morphed into the image of an Alpha male typified by CJ.

Oh dear, breached restraining order!

SPOfficer Fri 14-Nov-14 20:56:01

You are quite correct Rhubarb01 another interesting mutation!

icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 20:57:47

people will think we are nuts!

but it doesn't half make me laugh grin

DrBunsen Fri 14-Nov-14 21:15:33

(No Afghan grime to hand so had to improvise with caramel sauce.)

Rhubarb01 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:23:17

Icemist most definitely "The nuts!" (memeing again - spelling?)

DrBunsen ten out of ten for quick thinking and effort.

icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 21:25:59

well done DrBunsen its a good start to the CJ toy

Nickel45 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:27:25

Made me chuckle, DrB, that the leg cast is available for either leg!!
SPO, good to know there is a name for this craziness, that must mean its normal, eh?
icemist thank you for sorting a new thread smile I would miss the laughs!

DrBunsen Fri 14-Nov-14 21:27:36

Note interchangeable leg brace.

Rhubarb01 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:30:15

What is the leg brace made from? It looks a bit like blu tac albeit white tac!

mandy214 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:43:33

Hello, just marking place!

pixieg1rl Fri 14-Nov-14 21:53:45

Oh, DrB that is just brilliant. Nice touch with the leg brace.

SPOfficer Fri 14-Nov-14 21:54:20

DrBunsen well done! Moving from drawing into sculpture now. We are starting to cover all art forms.

orphan Fri 14-Nov-14 21:57:43

DrBunsen love it! The use of caramel sauce is inspired.
cherin would you retract your refusal to kiss CJ in the hospital if he was covered in caramel sauce rather than Afghan grime?!

pixieg1rl Fri 14-Nov-14 22:07:08

If we're covering all art forms I nominate SPO for interpretive dance

icemist Fri 14-Nov-14 22:10:21

If it was caramel rather than grime I'd be licking him rather than kissing him.... checking in cupboard for caramel sauce

orphan Fri 14-Nov-14 22:13:13

icemist you read my mind..

This thread is not accepting new messages.