Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching new Dallas?

(32 Posts)
Binglet Thu 13-Nov-14 20:53:27

DP and I love the new Dallas and have done for all three(?) series. We literally seem like the only people that watch it, especially now as the new series is broadcast at midnight. I think it's one of the best tv shows on at the moment, I love a bit of dramatic family life and you don't get any more dramatic than the goings on at Southfork.

Come on fellow Ewing lovers! Where are you?!

Nodney Thu 13-Nov-14 20:56:43

I totally love the new series! I think it's more popular in the US - not surprising considering how late it's on. I love John Ross!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 13-Nov-14 21:03:25

Yes! I love it!

Although I think it's being cancelled in the US. sad

Nodney Thu 13-Nov-14 21:06:54

I thought a different network had picked it up? I do hope so!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 13-Nov-14 21:11:03

Oh I hope so too!

I've been wondering about Elena's choice of birth control. Surely several needle holes in the rubber would be obvious??!

ILikeToClean Thu 13-Nov-14 22:16:21

Yep I love it! I get a little thrill when the music comes on and think back to when I used to watch the original as a kid in the 80s! Love the opening titles with the 3 way pics of them all grin. So many twists and turns it's hard to keep up but it's fab, hope it doesn't get cancelled.

whatevermaycome Fri 14-Nov-14 07:42:12

It has been cancelled - this series is the last hmm

whatevermaycome Fri 14-Nov-14 11:41:17

And I tends on several cliffhangers which will never be answered now confused

ILikeToClean Fri 14-Nov-14 13:06:56

Nooooooo!!! angry

Binglet Fri 14-Nov-14 16:24:45

If that is true and it has been cancelled I will cry. I love it. Elena annoys me more than anything and Christopher is in fact the most dull person to ever grace the grass of Southfork. But I still love it. Elena will blatently now be knocked up with a Ewing baby. I am so sad it's cancelled.
<mental note to save up enough money to buy a tv channel and continue it>

JoanHickson Fri 14-Nov-14 16:27:27

That's a shame. I have it on sky to watch all in one go. It's on at a silly time.

queenoftheknight Sat 15-Nov-14 18:46:28

yay!

I thought I was the only person on the planet to LOVE this.

Despite the crazy continuity errors, plot anomalies and character shifts....I don't care about any of that. I adore it, and am gutted that it has been cancelled.

queenoftheknight Sat 15-Nov-14 18:48:25

My favourite anomaly is this....from time to time we see Lucy, usually with Afton. Now, did Lucy not marry Mitch, AFTON'S BROTHER? Huh? HUH?

Dallas geek.

Jackiebrambles Sat 15-Nov-14 18:49:52

Me and DH love Dallas! We're the only people in real life who i know watch it.

The theme tune perks me up every time, and I love the cheesiness!

I'm gutted it's been cancelled sad

iwantgin Sat 15-Nov-14 18:50:33

Yes, me and DH love Dallas.

Love the new series so far. It's a bit more high drama than the original,
that 's for sure!!

We have a couple of episodes lined up to watch - might stick one on soon.

unlucky83 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:55:09

Didn't know it was back on... a friend admitted watching it a while ago (with her older DCs) and said it was addictive -rubbish but compelling
I started watching it and got hooked too ...now I know I'm going to have to series record it again...

TheNumberfaker Sat 15-Nov-14 19:24:11

I'm watching it (caught up with 2 episodes today!) but finding it a bit silly that they keep swapping partners. Original Dallas wasn't that bad was it? It's felt like they couldn't afford too many new characters so they've all had to sleep with each other...

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 15-Nov-14 19:53:18

Didn't realise it was back on, is it on catch up?

Binglet Sat 15-Nov-14 22:42:15

Elena sleeping with John Ross just made me angry mainly because I wish it was me, I really wanted to believe John Ross loved Pamela. Yes, I'm an old romantic and I cant help it. I only know of us and one other person who watches it. So glad I'm not alone!

bluebump Sat 15-Nov-14 22:44:52

I love it, I am annoyed they have changed the time and put it on at midnight, i'm sure they did the same half way through the last series too. I've two on the planner ready to watch tomorrow, I can't stay up that late so record them and binge on them every few weeks!

queenoftheknight Sun 16-Nov-14 11:58:59

A definite lack of characters, that's true. And we could do with an oil baron's ball, and a few more barbeques, with someone being turfed into the pool.

All academic now. sad

whatevermaycome Sun 16-Nov-14 20:00:11

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2780298/Dallas-reboot-gets-cancelled-TNT-three-seasons.html

americanpancake Sun 23-Nov-14 21:16:06

Oh dear... I am starting to get a major crush on Harris Ryland!

whatevermaycome Mon 24-Nov-14 17:51:14

I'm going to miss Judithand her hilarious one liners grin

mipmop Fri 12-Dec-14 15:08:26

Is anyone else still watching? What did you think of the finale?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now