Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

X FACTOR- It's 'Queen Versus Michael Jackson' Week!

(681 Posts)
Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 10:56:32

Yes, really. Because they are so similar and everything. I think they have done this before with exactly the same songs.

Tonight, the songs are

Andrea Faustini
Somebody To Love

Paul Akister
Don’t Stop Me Now

Lauren Platt
I’ll Be There

Stereo Kicks
You Are Not Alone

Only The Young
Blame It On The Boogie

Ben Haenow
Man In The Mirror

Fleur East
Will You Be There

Jay James
The Show Must Go On

Stevi Ritchie
Bohemian Rhapsody

Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 10:56:41

At least we have already had 'Earth Song' grin. Very odd choice for MastrB8- and didn't it have that creepy video with Jacko half naked in it? I hope they will all be dressed.

Apparently, Clunt has lost his voice- is this why he is singing 'The Show must go on'?grin I hope they aren't going to give him a week off, like they have done in the past with the wee Irish pixie one. That's cheating, that is. (imogrin) - they should just go on stage and whisper.

There are also rumours that they have now realised how crap the Mastrb8'ers and want to split them into 2 groups- which we predicted would happen AGES ago. Fingers crossed they will use our name choices of 'The 4 Skins' and 'Four Play' grin

See y'all later.

boredofdinosaurs Sat 08-Nov-14 11:05:17

I think it's Queen/Michael Jackson because Queen are releasing an album with a (not very good) MJ & Freddie song on it.

I adore Queen though. I have tickets to see them with Adam Lambert in January. smile

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 12:51:49

Queen vs Michael Jackson (or EmGee as Chezza calls him) is a RUBBISH theme. Everyone knows that in that fight, Queen would win. They're not all dead yet.

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 13:06:23

Urgh, I am ALREADY irritated by the huge glittery poppies that I know MelBAhmMad,Me and Chezza will wear. Prolly in their hair or on one knee in a quirky fashion forward way. URGH.

Iwantacampervan Sat 08-Nov-14 13:14:01

Is Stevi going to have the heads of the judges singing behind him?

Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 13:21:30

<whispers>

I really don't like Queen. Which I think has caused controversy in previous yearsgrin

I'm surprised Mastrb8 aren't doing 'We will rock you' or something else with shouty potential.

And I can already hear the Mariah Version of 'I'll be there' belting from lamenting Lauren. Although I'm surprised she isn't doing 'Ben' - complete with rat.

I hope they haven't dressed Pugsy in anything stupid- keep it simple- a nice cable knit sweater, perhaps with a heart on it.

I can't even comment on Stevi. I think he's going to win grin

Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 13:23:12

Iwant- oh i hope so- although when a hear BR these days it makes me think of the Balamory/PC Plum song. Which is probably be better than Stevi will begrin

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 13:26:42

I do like PC Plum.
Stevi will definitely be in the last three I reckon. The utter lack of gorm of the voting masses, furiously stabbing at their smartphones and lolling, will make it so. Presumably the same people that voted for those flobbly Greeks on BGT. Or Kerry Katona in that jungle. I spose we should be grateful it keeps them off the streets and away from heavy machinery.

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 13:27:44

No, no Raah. In an ACTUAL fight, I meant. With fists. Queen, being more alive, have the upper hand there.
Obviously they are awful.

Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 14:02:45

A REAL fight - now that would liven things up.

Could we bypass the acts altogether, and just let the judges slug it out?

Raahh Sat 08-Nov-14 14:04:28

Jacko was, of course, a lover, not a fighter. He'd have been shit, even if he was alive.

DillydollyRIP Sat 08-Nov-14 14:07:11

I love a bit of Queen, hope they don't murder these songs.

Tiredemma Sat 08-Nov-14 14:42:31

I dont like Queen and I didnt like MJ so I might enjoy watching their songs get massacred tonight by these talentless twats (apart from Pugsy)

SirNoel Sat 08-Nov-14 14:45:27

No Radio Gaga I see...

Who was it on here who had a phobia about that song? grin

I'm not a fan of Queen or Michael Jackson after the Jackson 5 years. DH, unfortunately, loves both. <sigh>

Springheeled Sat 08-Nov-14 15:19:47

My sister thought for years that the line 'no message could have been any clearer' in man in the mirror was 'no moustache could have made any difference' smile
Clunt murdering my favourite Queen song- ugh

jellyandbeans Sat 08-Nov-14 15:22:52

Hoping the show stops for clunty tomorrow. So funny, stevi singing with simon and co's faces super imposed in the background. Instead it will be one of Feldmans girls in a Brian May wig..

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 08-Nov-14 15:25:13

Ahh I wantes Fleur to do Killer Queen!

jellyandbeans Sat 08-Nov-14 15:32:28

Dont mind Queen but i do dislike Radio Ga Ga, such an annoying ditty.

NoisyBrain Sat 08-Nov-14 15:50:47

Going a little goosebumpy at the thought of Pugsy hitting some of the big notes in Somebody to Love.
Never heard of Fleur's song - is it 'MJ'? (as we're now all clearly supposed to call the alleged kiddy fiddler)

Fixerupperz Sat 08-Nov-14 17:18:53

So I suspect there will be another greatest hits album advertised tonight.

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 17:23:40

It'll be the first showing of the Johnny Lou-Lous ad too, I should think?

squoosh Sat 08-Nov-14 17:41:36

I hate Queen and I hate Michael Jackson.

RudolphUcker Sat 08-Nov-14 18:02:32

Oh, me too, Squoosh. That is the brilliance of this week. They're not murdering good songs, and we get to do the hating even more than usual. Expectations set looooooow <happy sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now