Talk

Advanced search

Make leicester british

(32 Posts)
DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 21:40:36

Anyone watching this?

Some quite aggressive characters on this programme. Glad i'm not in the same room as them.

SabsFabulous Mon 03-Nov-14 21:47:54

I'm watching. I remember watching Make Bradford British and I'm sure it was a couple of days before then shouting started in that programme! The arguments have started straight away on this series !

ouryve Mon 03-Nov-14 21:48:24

Nah. I'm pissed off with Channel 4 for abandoning their normal Monday night viewing, so I'm watching Gareth Malone, instead.

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 21:49:39

Oh i didnt realise there was other episodes. Must see if that one is on demand. Yes it it very shouty.

I really want to give them a laptop and some links to actual facts.

SabsFabulous Mon 03-Nov-14 21:55:07

Dia they showed that series a few years ago. Not sure if they filmed in other cities/towns too

Mrskeats Mon 03-Nov-14 22:19:04

Am loving the nice guy from Lithuania though. Such a sad history but he's done so well in this country. Good on him

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:19:12

I think this kit woman is just plain nasty in general and her bigottry is just another way for her to express that. She is a bully.

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:20:51

Yes mrskeats he has done exceptionally well considering the start he had in life. He has recreated himself entirely. It could so easily have gone a different way for him.

BigglesFliesUndone Mon 03-Nov-14 22:22:12

My dh is from Leicestershire and his brothers really do have some grim views about 'furriners' in 'their' cit-eh.

Fascinating stuff this

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:25:02

It is very depressing to hear some of the opinions but also refreshing to see some eyes being opened.

FayKorgasm Mon 03-Nov-14 22:27:44

It really is fascinating stuff. I think the Somali woman needs help or support,not bringing her children to the park and her house seems a bit chaotic. She seems to me like she is struggling sad .

bleedingheart Mon 03-Nov-14 22:28:20

Did they say Kit used to be a social worker?
Sagal really held her own against Suki, she was very forgiving too.

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:28:31

Ooh i hope that doesnt cause trouble for that girl with her LL when the cameras are gone! I'm a private tenant too and have just given up trying to get things done for fear the LL will give notice.

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:30:01

I agree faye she is isolated and seems to be struggling. Understandable with 4 dc on her own but help is there for her if she wants it.

FayKorgasm Mon 03-Nov-14 22:32:50

Sometimes asking for help is almost too hard. I do hope she does.

I was thinking the same about the LL too.

bleedingheart Mon 03-Nov-14 22:33:00

I think you would find some of these views everywhere, unfortunately.

I think Sagal is struggling too. She seems very isolated. She is capable and resilient but has a real sadness about her.
Eduardas seems like a top bloke, he doesn't deserve the Morris dancing! wink

murasaki Mon 03-Nov-14 22:35:43

He seemed to enjoy it! I think he's found a surrogate dad there, which is sweet.

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:36:42

I agree bleeding. These views are everywhere.

I see Ola left her flat. I wonder if that was her decision or the LL's.

How lovely that eduardos and john meet up at the weekends? New friendships formed.

FayKorgasm Mon 03-Nov-14 22:37:14

The Polish guy looks very like dh.

Scarletohello Mon 03-Nov-14 22:42:21

Oh god this was just as nasty
as I thought it was going to be. Shame on you Channel 4, this was not what this channel was set up to be.

FayKorgasm Mon 03-Nov-14 22:43:05

Ed and John actually look alike.
I hope Suky let a property to Ola.

Scarletohello Mon 03-Nov-14 22:44:04

Inflammatory and irresponsible broadcasting IMO. What's happened to C4? Is it just about chasing ratings now..?

DiaDuit Mon 03-Nov-14 22:46:58

Yes scarlet that is ch4 all over. They go for the explosive confrontations. No introduction of actual facts or figures. No debate. Just fireworks.

jellybelly701 Mon 03-Nov-14 22:50:54

I haven't watched this yet. But as I lived in Leicester for 20 years I'm intrigued as to what the fuss is about...

bleedingheart Mon 03-Nov-14 23:00:11

It didn't really tell us anything. The participants who had facts/lived experiences were shouted down and their contributions ignored by some of the others (could the makers have put clarifications on screen re:bank accounts for asylum seekers for example?).
Some people are racist, some people are ignorant, some are tolerant, some are open-minded, some are hardworking, some are angry, some are bitter, some are isolated...
I missed the beginning so maybe that was fact-packed and I'm doing Ch4 a disservice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now