Talk

Advanced search

Dance Mums Uk

(15 Posts)
Nativity3 Mon 03-Nov-14 21:08:34

Anyone been watching? Love the US version of the show and this one is growing on me!

dancestomyowntune Mon 03-Nov-14 22:11:56

Danielle drives me mad. The girls are not the best in Britain and the competitions seem ameatuerish in comparison to the All England affiliated festivals that my children dance in. But it is much watch tv in our house!

VonHerrBurton Mon 03-Nov-14 23:53:58

Agree, wholeheartedly!

Very low-budget version of US version I love smile

Don't have any experience of high level dancing competitions like you, dances, but the cheapo British Legion-esque dance floor style events aren't quite Abbys Ultimate Dance Competition are they?!!

Still love watching it though.

Mrsjayy Wed 05-Nov-14 09:34:58

I think it is a load of rubbish over exaggeration from jen huffy stage mothers I have it on series link that rap song was hilarious grin

CrockedPot Wed 05-Nov-14 22:32:44

Very, very low budget version of Dance Moms. Can't stand watching anymore, the mums make me cringe, bunch of chavs.

WhatWouldBlairWaldorfDo Fri 07-Nov-14 20:19:07

I love it! Total trash but cant not watch smile
The mothers are horrendous, and i've seen better dancers (danced competetively for years) but its addictive.
Jen totally reminds me of my old dance teacher. Lovely person and became like a big sister to us older girls, but she could shout! We all hated her the week before a big comp..."do it AGAIN!!!!" "FAAAAACE!! EXPRESSION!!!" Haha

copperfields Mon 10-Nov-14 00:11:20

the competitions seem ameatuerish in comparison to the All England affiliated festivals that my children dance in.

Stealth boasting yet again? <yawn>

JoanHickson Mon 10-Nov-14 00:26:43

I watched the first show. I guess the dancers were chosen based on drama lama tests their Mums passed.

thegreylady Mon 10-Nov-14 12:50:59

What channel please?

WhatWouldBlairWaldorfDo Mon 10-Nov-14 15:08:43

Lifetime tonight at 9pm not that im planning my night around it or anything

juneybean Mon 10-Nov-14 15:10:43

Ohh I didn't realise there was a UK version! Will have to try and find it online.

WhatWouldBlairWaldorfDo Mon 10-Nov-14 15:41:31

Juneybean i looked eeeeeverywhere online and couldnt find it... sad first 2 were on the lifetime youtube channel then nothing...not even on, ahem, less than legal sites.

I swiped MILs sky go id so i can watch it on the ipad and geordie shore

JoanHickson Mon 10-Nov-14 16:08:55

If you have sky it may still be on catchup.

Pandora452 Mon 10-Nov-14 16:19:57

I've been watching but it is very low budget as someone said. Also again, seems to be based on craziness of mums rather than talent, and the names.. judgey pants on here i'm afraid

AmeliaPeabody Wed 12-Nov-14 00:33:50

I agree, Pandora.

We've been discussing this elsewhere too. General consensus seems to be that it's dire (and I say that as an avid watcher of the US version). Not impressed by the dancing particularly either. Afraid I won't be watching more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now