Talk

Advanced search

SCD 2014 #3: When we hopefully lose some of the ones who can't actually dance...

(999 Posts)
PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sun 02-Nov-14 02:06:00

Carrying on from thread two.

I thought we might be a bit short on space on the old thread (especially if somebody we like goes!) so here's a shiny new one for Hallowe'en results onwards smile

GrouchyKiwi Sun 02-Nov-14 05:43:40

Thanks for the new thread.

I really hope your title is correct tonight! Would be a real shame to see Simon etc go home.

Roonerspism Sun 02-Nov-14 07:35:32

Thanks for starting thread..

spookyskeleton Sun 02-Nov-14 08:41:43

Marking my place. I tend not to contribute but I do lurk and love reading these threads smile

NotALondoner Sun 02-Nov-14 08:48:22

Did you all know you can find out who has gone on the Digital Spy website? Don't worry, I won't post the spoiler here!

spookyskeleton Sun 02-Nov-14 09:12:15

I do but I am banned from looking at it by DH as if that stops me

Sparklingbrook Sun 02-Nov-14 09:42:02

So where can we vote for Zoe to take over from Tess?

iklboo Sun 02-Nov-14 09:49:09

I DO hope it's someone who should go this week. Not someone who's 'a proper larf'.

CMP69 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:51:14

Marking place. Thanks for the new thread
Was out last night so only just caught up. I felt the whole show was a bit dull. It was more about the theme than the dancing, which I don't feel previous years have been.
Loved Mark, felt Ola had really over stretched Steve, Scott better and Judy or Alison to go tonight.
Will be at fireworks tonight so won't be watching "live". Can't decide to look at the result now or not hmm

iklboo Sun 02-Nov-14 09:52:30

Thanks for that tip NotaLondoner. I'll have a peek later smile.

Snowstorm Sun 02-Nov-14 10:43:51

I tend to tune out of Darcey's comments and don't really rate her marking. I accept it could be very ignorant of me to say this but I can't help but think 'you're a ballet dancer, not a ballroom or Latin dance' ... I think Karen from ITT choreography corner would have been a better choice of judge.

toldmywrath Sun 02-Nov-14 11:18:46

I'd vote for that Sparkling. I've used my three free internet votes _ I hope they weren't wasted.

Behoove Sun 02-Nov-14 11:30:26

Marking place

Cherrypi Sun 02-Nov-14 11:32:58

I voted for the first time this series. Karen would be great on the panel.

citruslemon Sun 02-Nov-14 11:35:29

I always think that the person who deserves to make it to the final is the one whose dances you want to rewatch. Based on that Pixie and Frankie won't win because of the lack of emotion, chemistry in their dances... As soon as they've finished dancing I forget everything about their dances. Instead Caroline, Sunetra and Mark's dances are the ones I usually want to rewatch.

digerd Sun 02-Nov-14 11:58:56

Just hope there are not 2 good ones in the bottom 2 again.
Scott acted well last night but still cannot dance, he was stomping around on flat feet.

citruslemon Sun 02-Nov-14 11:59:18

Oh and Alijaz in that eyeliner ;)

ThursdayOfTheLivingDead Sun 02-Nov-14 12:03:57

Hello!
Marking my place before I go and shake off my out if date name

areyoubeingserviced Sun 02-Nov-14 12:08:56

Tbh I think that this series has been a bit dull,
They need to get Vincent and Flavia back and get celebrities with personality.
I found myself losing interest yesterday.

Lottapianos Sun 02-Nov-14 12:12:53

Mark was terrific last night - he has been such a surprise. I thought he would be vain and dull but he seems like such a nice bloke.

Desperately hoping its Scott or Judy to go tonight, closely followed by Alison in the next couple of weeks. Its really not funny any more never was

ThursdayLast Sun 02-Nov-14 12:13:04

I think either Mark or Caroline will win in the end. I don't really like either if their personalities (if Mark cries again tonight I shall weep myself fgs), but the enthusiasm they display on the dance floor is infectious. That combined with their growing skill is a popular formula.
Pixie just seems so cold, and whilst I LOVED Kevin's choreography last night, Frankie is just so dull.

I was surprised Alison was ok with the winch - IMO that's the mark of acceptance that you can't dance and she seems to believe that she can do it. I really don't like her.

Scott made me laugh last night - joanne has cracked it! Don't make him actually dance!

My fave outfit was Olas thlgrin

Lottapianos Sun 02-Nov-14 12:22:41

You're right Thursday - Mark and Caroline get better every week but Alison has definitely gone as far as she can. Judy is just ghastly on the dancefloor - seems lovely, looked amazing last night, awful dancer. Scott was fairly watchable last night but still needs to go.

Frankie is dull but I LOVE Kevin so hope she goes the distance. Can't warm to Pixie although she is a great dancer so she deserves to get to the final too.

citruslemon Sun 02-Nov-14 12:30:36

Am sure Mark only cried that one time....
Also if the VTs weren't so silly and proper pieces to camera then we'd get to know the celebs personalities better and also the newer pro dancers. Instead they barely get a chance so it's hard to know them and root for them.
Judy or Alison to go today. (Scott will sneak thru cos of his listeners)

citruslemon Sun 02-Nov-14 12:48:51

Also I know that Brucie was annoying but he obviously loves dance, the pro dancers, seeing the celebrities improve....Tess with her lack of dancing knowledge, personality, sympathy just seems to be sucking the life out of the show. With the right host the show would be even better.

Snowstorm Sun 02-Nov-14 13:07:58

I agree with citruslemon - really wished they showed more of their 'training journey' and less of the silly VTs each week. Must be so annoying, for the ones that are short of time, to have to ditch the lessons in order to do those VTs.

I was thinking too that although I think Christina is an amazing dancer and probably a fantastic teacher, I hardly ever warm to her and her dance partner in any of the series. I don't really know why but the VTs (back to them again ... sigh ...) don't ever seem to do them any favours, they never seem to capture any chemistry IMO.

I like Karen and Alijaz's girlfriend (name blank) more this series though.

Mark has proved to be really enjoyable to watch and I really like Caroline - she seems to be having a great time (and she's got Pasha too wink ... lovely!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now