Talk

Advanced search

netflix v. Lovefilm?

(7 Posts)
Lovingbeingaparent2 Wed 26-Mar-14 07:31:33

Can anyone tell me which is the best one to go with?

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Wed 26-Mar-14 13:31:52

In my opinion Netflix is better.

We did a free trial with love film, every time we picked a film to watch it kept saying it was only available to be posted out.

Pap smile

Cocolepew Wed 26-Mar-14 15:26:44

Netflix , it has much better tv shows.
Get both on a months free trail.

AmandinePoulain Wed 26-Mar-14 17:14:16

Don't go for Lovefilm. I've just cancelled mine. We were with them for years and very happy until amazon got involved. There were always lots of films to stream as part of the package, not anything really new but good selection of kids films, plus I was happy with the DVD selection if we wanted something newer. Then amazon changed it, started charging for the majority of the films that were available to stream (if I'm already paying to subscribe why should I also pay £2.50-£5 for one film?) and made it harder to navigate. The films they're charging for aren't new releases either - it's pretty much everything. (A few weeks ago I streamed The Secret Garden for dd1, without paying extra. It's now £2.49 hmm). I've just signed up for Blinkbox - there's no monthly fee, you just pay as you watch and there are newer films on there. I've never used Netflix so can't comment on them.

schilke Wed 26-Mar-14 19:16:41

I'd go for Netflix too.

Osmiornica Wed 26-Mar-14 19:17:47

I used to have lovefilm but had terribly problems with the downloads - it would buffer all the time - at least twice a series episode and one day it was every 5 minutes which was very annoying.

I then switched to netflix (same broadband etc) and it was fine. I've only had the occasional issue with it over the last 6 months.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 26-Mar-14 21:37:17

Netflix is better I have both at the mo as I'm a member of prime but we watch netflix the most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now