Talk

Advanced search

W1A

(9 Posts)
BananaBeforeBed Thu 20-Mar-14 12:07:45

Anyone see this last night, a follow up to 2012?

I thought it was good with great potential.

FairPhyllis Thu 20-Mar-14 12:26:18

I didn't see 2012, but I really liked this. Great script and Hugh Bonneville was excellent.

My only worry is that the Beeb may be shooting itself in the foot by producing this - it doesn't seem unlikely that this is actually rather close to what the BBC is like in RL ...

Logg1e Thu 20-Mar-14 14:03:39

I enjoyed it, was a big fan of Twenty Twelve too.

Not a problem

ByTheSea Thu 20-Mar-14 17:19:15

We recorded it but DH was out last night so haven't watched it yet. we loved 2012.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Thu 20-Mar-14 23:52:42

good fun - loved will the intern

however did anyone notice the guy with glasses called ian fletcher hugh at one point in the meeting room smile

Optimist1 Fri 21-Mar-14 07:49:53

Good stuff - the search for a meeting room had me chortling, as did the suggestion of Loose Women for the Cornish TV woman.

BananaBeforeBed Fri 21-Mar-14 09:18:50

phyllis treat yourself to 2012, it is wonderful.

fussychica Fri 21-Mar-14 09:29:28

Great fun and probably too close to the truth, not just for the BBC but for lots of other organisations, I'm sure. The room thing def rang bells with megrin. Thought it hilarious that the Cornish blokes first words were about the number of Scots at the Beeb - thought they hadn't noticedshockgrin

BackforGood Tue 01-Apr-14 00:02:19

2012 was wonderful, but this just doesn't seem to have worked (so far anyway, I'm 2 episodes in, will probably watch again next week).

The play for jokes is the same, but a bit tired, and, maybe as they are saying on the other thread maybe it only works if you work in the BBC. None of the jokes seem that funny, but maybe you have to have worked in the media to see who they are mocking ???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now