Talk

Advanced search

Dr Christian "Cure me, Im gay"

(15 Posts)
IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Tue 18-Mar-14 22:18:40

Anybody watching it?! That last scene was awful, poor people who had to endure that sad

Damn. Forgot it was on! What side was it? I'll try and watch it on catch up.

FiaGrace Tue 18-Mar-14 22:23:14

It's really disturbing and upsetting and had he been a Dr yrs ago, he would've been tasked with putting patients through that! Must be really upsetting for him on a number of levels.

FiaGrace Tue 18-Mar-14 22:23:47

It's on Channel 4 now

FriendofDorothy Tue 18-Mar-14 22:28:09

Yep, I am watching it. Have had quite a bot of experience with the ex-gay movement and reparative therapy so I am very interested to see how it is all portrayed and investigated.

PersonalClown Tue 18-Mar-14 22:28:57

I don't know what horrifies me more. That these 'cures' exist and bigots push them or that people feel that they need to be 'fixed' to be accepted for who they are.

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Tue 18-Mar-14 22:32:31

This colours thing is pure bollocks!

PersonalClown Tue 18-Mar-14 22:36:04

I love science and psychology and all that. I did Biology and Psychology at A level.

I'm shouting 'Bollocks!' at the TV and DP is having to tell me to shut up as Toad is in bed!!

Aeroflotgirl Wed 19-Mar-14 14:30:59

It is really disturbing, I don't know why Dr Christian would put himself through that! To be 'cured' surely he would need more than one session.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 19-Mar-14 14:31:45

The brain colours guy was absolute tripe, it makes Psychology profession look very bad.

GossamerHailfilter Wed 19-Mar-14 16:26:21

I wish someone could cure Doctor Christian from being an annoying tit!

pointythings Wed 19-Mar-14 20:09:23

I watched it, I thought it very telling that all the 'cured' people who volunteered to take the Cornell test for gayness decided to bottle it in the end...

Very sad that there is still so much prejudice and that young people in parts of the US are being raised in such ignorance.

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Mar-14 21:39:55

Unfortunately it isn't just the US. There are many placed in the UK that still preach this sort of nonsense!

pointythings Wed 19-Mar-14 22:08:15

I know... I have a friend who goes to a Pentacostalist Church in London and she spouts this stuff. She's lovely, she just doesn't question, just believes what is preached at her. So sad.

pointythings Wed 19-Mar-14 22:08:43

Oh, and don't get me started on the floods and gay marriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now