Talk

Advanced search

The Following.... Really???

(16 Posts)
Doshusallie Mon 10-Mar-14 17:00:46

Up to episode 6 season 1. Body count mounting to a ridiculous level. Joe Carroll has followers in the police force, and the FBI? Really???

jerryfudd Mon 10-Mar-14 17:01:29

Yep, everywhere

Doshusallie Mon 10-Mar-14 17:03:40

Barely credible though don't you think? Is it worth me continuing with it?

ReallyConfusedDotCom Tue 11-Mar-14 18:48:28

Just started watching this. I must say I'm really enjoying it so far. I never realised how attractive Kevin Bacon is.

Moomoomie Tue 11-Mar-14 18:54:25

Definitly.worth continuing if you can not expect it to be realistic. We are watching season 2 , dh and I have a bet as to how many dead bodies each week!

Figster Tue 11-Mar-14 20:04:48

I gave up at the end of season 1 just got too ridiculous and repetitive for me

paulapantsdown Thu 13-Mar-14 13:46:38

I am determined to see it to the bitter end coz I luv Kevin, but it is beyond daft now halfway through series 2.

Every episode :
Kev thinks he has figured out where Joe Carrolls followers might be.
Kev goes off all renegade on his own to find them.
Kev gets in a pickle / hurt.
Followers get away again.
repeat every episode

TulipOHare Thu 13-Mar-14 15:02:28

Oh it was awful grin

I lasted five or six episodes.

NotNoah Thu 13-Mar-14 18:13:19

My DH and I watched S1 till the end but only because he was sure it would end as well as it begun. It started off so well then just got more and more far fetched and ridiculous. It gave me the rage. If the FBI really are that incompetent then the US is in trouble. Shame as it was an interesting idea.

anonacfr Thu 13-Mar-14 22:41:01

Best bit is Joe Carroll's orgasm face when he kills someone.

Oh and how he manages to strangle someone sitting next to him in a car with just one hand by casually leaning over.

The man's amazing.

TulipOHare Fri 14-Mar-14 00:28:16

The man's amazing

Yes, and soooooooo charismatic or so the show kept insisting against all available evidence

Shame really, he was brilliant in Rome as Mark Antony.

jerryfudd Fri 14-Mar-14 09:17:47

I'm still enjoying it (and am loving Kevin too)

ReallyConfusedDotCom Fri 14-Mar-14 09:34:08

I've finished watching series 1, can't watch series 2 as I've missed the first few episodes. I'm new to sky and it was the first box set I watch and I really enjoyed it.

Any ideas what I can watch next? Is Game of Thrones any good?

Thanks

jerryfudd Fri 14-Mar-14 09:46:14

My theory is that it was supposed to be a zombie type series because no matter whether you shoot, stab and smack round head with shovel they always get back up and try again but the network didn't buy it so they changed it to cult members

No idea if this is true

Iggi101 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:57:04

I'm a bit freaked out as in series 2 I find I'm kind of routing for the old, horrible murderous baddies (Joe and Emma) against the new horrible murderous baddies (freaky twin mother etc). A case of better the serial killer you know?

PetiteRaleuse Fri 14-Mar-14 18:01:15

I like it. Unbelievable trash but well acted by the main characters anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now