Talk

Advanced search

no-one watching 37 days?

(7 Posts)
ormirian Fri 07-Mar-14 22:05:56

Fascinating. Ashamed to say I never knew why the death of one inbred chinless wonder caused all that got horror and misery.

Enjoying this a lot!

joanofarchitrave Fri 07-Mar-14 22:09:37

Yes loving it too. Tried to watch it live online yesterday but my laptop prefers to wait.. so watching the first part now. Very, very good, but then I love committee dramas.... Would recommend The Three Emperors by Miranda Carter, read that a few months ago.

lilystem Sat 08-Mar-14 20:48:41

I'm finding it fascinating to see what an impact personalities had on an international stage and how fast things escalated.

Really good tv.

zanz1bar Sat 08-Mar-14 21:16:31

Boy this is good

Crowe( Nicholas Farrell ) is amazing, his accent a mix of just enough German and pre war upper class English is a tour de force!

ormirian Sat 08-Mar-14 22:21:52

So many people didn't want it and tried to stop it, and it still did. Crazy, infuriating, terrifying.

PigeonPie Sat 08-Mar-14 22:25:10

We've both thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, I'm not sure enjoyed is the word actually just because of the subject, but it was so well done. So horrifying - the megalomania.

wearingpurple Sat 08-Mar-14 22:27:36

Bawling my eyes out here - found that last episode terribly moving, from Grey's 'lamps going out over Europe' speech onwards.

Wonderful stuff and so illuminating. Despite studying this period in O-Level History, I never really had a grip on what the hell it was all about.

Fantastic performances from McDiarmid and Farrell in particular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now