Talk

Advanced search

What sort of chat-show host will Michael Macintyre be?

(15 Posts)
umpity Wed 05-Mar-14 11:55:05

The BBC are putting him on at 10.35pm next monday. Should have plenty of freedom Does he ring your chymes?

Kaluki Wed 05-Mar-14 11:57:09

I like him as a comedian and he was very good on BGT so I am expecting him to be good as a chat show host. As long as he lets the guests shine and doesn't try and make it all about him like Johnathan Ross!

HelloBoys Wed 05-Mar-14 11:59:20

he can be quite annoying and in your face though...

wonder if he's going to bounce around like an over excited Labrador, like he does on stage, with the guests?! grin

umpity Wed 05-Mar-14 12:09:23

kahaki and HellorBoys. It will be interesting to see what style he adopts.

It is amazing how many comedian do athletic performances these days.
Cant imagine les dawson doing a backward somesault can you?

Or Frank Sinatra entering the stage in a cage from the ceiling like Robbie Williams does.

I laughed at Michael macs stage act. But I hope he doesnt turn the chat show into an old pals act. (Like the ONE SHOW seems to be)

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 05-Mar-14 12:12:22

one that i wont be watching. Smug from the planet smug.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 05-Mar-14 12:13:30

I like his comedy but I never watch chat shows so I won't be watching.

ajandjjmum Wed 05-Mar-14 12:15:02

Interesting to see that he sees his decision to take part in BGT as a mistake.

HelloBoys Wed 05-Mar-14 12:17:01

OhWhat - Miaow re smug. grin

but he does come across as that way though doesn't he?

doesn't John Bishop fanciable but I never wrote that! come across also with a degree of smugness too, and that one with the strange eyes, Russell, he's blond?

I think most modern comedians have a smug gene attached to their egos.

Kaluki Wed 05-Mar-14 12:22:19

I think a certain degree of smugness is part of the territory of being a comedian who has spent x number of years touring the comedy circuit and finally 'made it' to the mainstream TV job.
The only one who doesn't seem that way is Micky Flanagan - now HE would be a good chat show host!

umpity Wed 05-Mar-14 12:30:10

Yes, ajandjjmum He did not shine on BGT. I dont think he fealt he was able to let himself go.

Yes, if a comic gets his/her tv series smugness does creep in. But I still like the Middlesboro lass. (whose name slips my memory)

MargotLovedTom Wed 05-Mar-14 12:33:59

Sarah Millican?

Alan Carr isn't smug at all, and I think he's hilarious on Chatty Man.

I'd rather boil my eyeballs than watch Michael McIntyre, he's utterly crap. The BBC can't think he's that great if his programme's getting stuck in that graveyard slot.

umpity Wed 05-Mar-14 12:38:26

Yes Margot...Sarah Millican indeed. A real talent.

ballsballsballs Wed 05-Mar-14 12:41:38

If it's anything like the advert, I won't be watching.

Two men are asked about what they do. The only woman he talks to is complemented on her appearance and asked if she works out...

MargotLovedTom Wed 05-Mar-14 12:44:43

I think she's a Sand Dancer, not a Smog Monster wink.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 05-Mar-14 12:47:17

Do you know they are all managed by the same agency? which is why they all end up on the same shows with monotonous regularity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now